Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

exbryan

How Important is a Cheap Broker for a Beginner?

If you want to trade stocks then Interactive Brokers, Just2trade and speedtrader have very competitive commisions.

If u want to trade forex then i'll say go with either Oanda, Armada Markets or Pepperstone. They are regulated as well as cheap.

I am a starter in online trading. I want to find a broker which has cheap broker. But how good are they?

You can try primetradefx, they have very small spreads. You can try their demo accounts and their demo account have no expiry even after you open live account.

I wouldn't go with brokers offering bonuses personally, I think it's a sign of a broker trying to lock customer deposits in with all the baroque trading volume withdrawal requirements they tend to operate. I trade with FxPro, haven't used cTrader yet but on MT4 there are no comissions and the spreads are competitive, I think 1.2 pips on EUR/USD. Overall very happy with the service.

I am a starter in online trading. I want to find a broker which has cheap broker. But how good are they?

You can try Weltrade broker. You can start a micro account with $ 25 only. It's easy and anyway you won't lose much.

I guess trading a demo account is ok for a totally new traders however trading micro account can also be worthwhile and lets the new trader to trade safely.

I think any broker is suitable for broker, unless its complete scam market maker that rips off even newbies with their 40-50$ of deposit. My first choice was Hotforex I still hold account there and place some swing trades, its a perfect broker for FX with good liquidity, excels exchange regulated brokers in some points. As I'm futures trader and Hotforex supports only CFD I use exchange accredited brokers, but as I said Hotforex is a great pick for currency traders.

we cant classify brokers as cheap anymore i mean atleast have the broker in the market offer a decent low min deposit usually used for testing, like this broker im using lmfx the mind deposit for premium is a mere 50 i dont think its bad, but always keep in mind presonal research is the key not all brokers are good, so test them, know about them and learn from it. its an experience.

I think if one is new in market then he should start with bonus account which are given by few brokers so that you dont need money to invest in Forex. Without any investment you can start trading with Forum posting bonus also.

Cheap broker is quite important, I define cheap broker requires small deposit and if new trader lost it for their mistakes, it doesn't cost too much. With tier-1 broker, you have to deposit up to 3k$ at first and actually better trading conditions don't really help new trader.

I guess new traders should better make some research before finalizing any broker, they first short list a few reputed brokers. Check their repute over internet, trade demo account with them, compare the processes and once a broker is finalized.

Yes, its important to select a forex broker, start by looking for brokers that are regulated in your country. Next, read full length forex reviews to assess the trading costs, tools, research capabilities, customer service, and other features of each forex broker. Finally, compare your top two choices side-by-side to decide on a winner.

I would say why to hire a broker at the beginning itself. First, you yourself learn to trade, understand the market, trade on a demo account then when you feel so things are not going well and you have the capacity to invest you can hire a good broker instead of cheap. I would recommend LMFX.