Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

mgav1210

Where to Begin

Hey guys im a young kid who got interested in trading while doing my High School stock market challenge. I recently Invested a small amount of money into MO and have made a decent return. Now with more money saved up i'd like to learn the different types of trading, whether its long-term, day trading, or forex markets. Where do you guys advise I should begin? I tried downloading thinkorswim and used paper money but the market always seems to be delayed by 20 minutes so day trading on that is not realistic. Just wondering how you guys started out and how I learn to make smarter investments.

Thanks

The Think or Swim paper account is delayed, but the live money one is not, I use that and follow a premium twitter account that basically guides my trading everyday. So far this year I am up about 62% on my money. My advise is to find an expert and monitor what they use. Another thing I do is something called the ichimoku cloud, I suggest taking a look at that because it is a great tool use.

Options... I agree because the OP is very young and he mine as well try to grow his capital rapidly. From what I can tell so far, options provide the best reward for the amount of capital you have to risk. (Low capital = still potential for large rewards)

Options... I agree because the OP is very young and he mine as well try to grow his capital rapidly. From what I can tell so far, options provide the best reward for the amount of capital you have to risk. (Low capital = still potential for large rewards)

hmm...easy said then done......it's not that simple

You can start with attending the school of pips at babypips.com; learn about forex market and how it works; also learn how to use fundamental and technical analysis to analyse the market; after that you can look for a good broker and pitch up with them.

Not sure where you're located. But here in London there are several traders who put on free training events.

I'm going to this one next Saturday: Tradersopenday.com

Check online, I know tradingacademy.com puts on quite a few events around the UK and USA as well.

Good way to get the basics down quickly.

You can begin by learning the most basic aspect of trading from babypip’s school of pipsology; concentrate more on learning the technical and fundamental aspect of forex market. After that you can trade demo if you so wish, before venturing into the real market.

You can begin by learning the most basic aspect of trading from babypip’s school of pipsology; concentrate more on learning the technical and fundamental aspect of forex market. After that you can trade demo if you so wish, before venturing into the real market.

Hello realforexer,

I just visit babypips.com it`s really very helpful as i am new trader. Thank you very much for your kind info. Most interesting is there have some category like, Pre-school Lessons/Kindergarten Lessons/Elementary School Lessons/Middle School Lessons/Summer School Lessons/ High School Lessons/Undergraduate LessonsGraduation Lessons LoL

Now i am thinking where to start. :confused: LoL

No, i didn't start. But i need to start immediately. Please help me guys .

Articles, it's a good landing page to start, had a wide range article suit your needs.

if you want to start learning from the very beginning, and advance as your reading advancing, babypips has a wide range teaching material.

School of Pipsology | Learn Forex Trading it has structured course outline.

while some traders more prefer an informative way of learning, instead of reading they prefer to watch video tutorial, you can find many in youtube, but most of them are too long to watch, some video are over 2 hours duration in single link, found this one well informed video, and more interactive video tutorial, you can select which one you need to watch, based on your knowledge level, each video only at average 3-5 minute duration, you may check at : Advanced Forex Trading Video Tutorials

well, if you're new with trading, first thing invest your time with learning, and spend less while you just starting, and you'll surely came at day of earning.