Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

ckait

Price

Heres a thought for a thread for us Technical traders. Why do YOU think certain prices are important as in a place you would put on a trade on a pull back or how ever you decide to get in to the market. Example for me trading energies I like to seee what happens around quarters and dollars I might not use them to actually say if this holds, I'm long but i do like to see what kind if response you see around them. So what do you use and why do you think there is any meritt to why you use them?

Heres a thought for a thread for us Technical traders. Why do YOU think certain prices are important as in a place you would put on a trade on a pull back or how ever you decide to get in to the market. Example for me trading energies I like to seee what happens around quarters and dollars I might not use them to actually say if this holds, I'm long but i do like to see what kind if response you see around them. So what do you use and why do you think there is any meritt to why you use them?

setting prices levels around either support/resistance, random levels or set levels based on round prices or some distribution around the average etc is all the same....the only difference being that some levels probably have a higher probability than others to not do too much damage to an account than others when you are wrong.

Key is to see what happens around those levels and then manage the trade.

What ever is used by a trader generally just adds structure to their strategy as opposed to purely discretionary punting as an alternative - weather it works or not probably should have been tested.

Not sure what other thoughts you might need but to me its that simple as a concept (then difficult to implement maybe) - basically - the levels really only mean something to you - the market does not care - what you are hoping for is that the levels you pick the market also agrees on - what happens after that is the tough part.