Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques, Second Edition by Steve Nison

This book is the follow up to the review I posted here:

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f8/candlestick-course-steve-nison-1560.html

I would suggest this book (Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques, Second Edition) if you are interested in expanding your candlestick knowledge and want to learn more about the theories and explanations behind what the candles may be telling you. This book feels much more like a textbook; whereas the review listed above is more of a workbook feel.

In this book, Nison talks about daytrading (which is nice if you are a daytrader) and his view of convergence. Again, this book takes the workbook to the next level and he really dives into specifics. This is ideal for the trader that wants more and wants to understand why certain patterns are respected as often as they are.

If serious about trading candlesticks, I would highly recommend this book!

I thought I knew all I needed to know about candlesticks but then I read this book and realised there's a lot more to candlesticks than hammers and dojis. Well worth the read, especially for swing and position traders.

I thought I knew all I needed to know about candlesticks but then I read this book and realised there's a lot more to candlesticks than hammers and dojis. Well worth the read, especially for swing and position traders.

I couldn't have said it better notouch. Candles are very powerful when you understand fully how to use them and use them properly. Simply looking for shapes that you found on a free website won't cut it. ;)

Good luck and welcome to the world of candles!

If serious about trading candlesticks, I would highly recommend this book!

I Second That! Since reading this book my trading has had a significant increase to the upside.

:applaud:

Worst book about trading that I have seen so far, but that's only because I believe that candlesticks are completely arbitrary. If you do like them, the book at least "looks nice" with it's big letters and charts.

Worst book about trading that I have seen so far, but that's only because I believe that candlesticks are completely arbitrary. If you do like them, the book at least "looks nice" with it's big letters and charts.

Thanks for the useless commentary.

It's true people - if you think candlestick analysis is 'arbitrary' - then guess what? A BOOK DEDICATED TO TRADING CANDLESTICKS MAY NOT BE YOUR CUP OF TEA...

Unbelievable...

:bang head:

Why bother spending money if you don't believe the methodology can work? That makes absolutely no sense ... you think candlestick analysis is no good, yet you spend the money to purchase a book on how to trade with candlesticks? Anyone else see the irony here?

:roll eyes:

As you can tell from my screen name, I am a Cleveland Browns fan. I bleed orange and brown through and through. Guess what? I don't think I would be impressed with a book, DVD, etc. about the NY Giants. Or the Dallas Cowboys. Would I ever spend a penny on these other teams? NO. Would it be a surprise if I did a review on the book or dvd was not impressed? NOPE. Why? I don't know... maybe b/c I have a slight bias?

:hmmmm:

How would one compare Nison's book with Bigalow's "High Profit Candlestick Patterns"? I like the latter very much, but I haven't read the former.

Hi Jessechan,

I have Nison's book as well as greg morris's book. What made u feel that bigelow's book was good? What did u garner from it? Thank you.

Tim

I just got the first edition of Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques. Do you think they changed the second edition a good amount or would you say the first edition is still relevant and worth the read?

Has it had a significant positive effect on your trading?

I just got the first edition of Japanese Candlestick Charting Techniques. Do you think they changed the second edition a good amount or would you say the first edition is still relevant and worth the read?

Has it had a significant positive effect on your trading?

Hi,

Although the books do not teach you how to trade Japanese Candlestick patterns nor should they be used as such, they are an excellent reference (dictionary) of Japanese Candlestick patterns to help you with proper identification of candlestick patterns.

Thus, they had a positive effect on my trading because I was able to properly identify candlestick patterns regardless if the pattern was reliable or not. Simply, I no longer get the names of the candlestick patterns mixed up. Therefore, they are worth the read for those new to Japanese Candlestick patterns that do not want to make mistakes like calling a pattern an engulfing when in reality it is not engulfing.