Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Technical Analysis The technical discussion forum for traders.

Like Tree4Likes
Old 09-05-2012, 12:38 AM   #313

Ignore this user

Re: Trade Intensity

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrmaBlume »
We developed this indicator and all of our traders use it every day, in fact we have 2 different versions of it and they use both.

The HUGE CAVEAT with this indicator is that it can give the signal of a reversal when it is really a signal of continuation.

The good news is that with the proper filters based on order flow and the balance of trade it becomes easy to tell which is which. Without such filters or other corroboration its use can be very problematic.

cheers

UB
First off thanks UB for the thread! I spent the time to code up what I believe to be a crude NT version. I can now say with the utmost confidence that when I see intensity accelerate and then decelerate the market will either reverse or continue! :-)

Any chance you'd toss us a bone or pointer re order flow and/or balance of trade filtering?
Attached Thumbnails
Trade Intensity-nq_9_4_2012-c.png   Trade Intensity-nq_9_4_2012-ru.png   Trade Intensity-nq_9_4_2012-rd.png  
Old 09-05-2012, 10:25 AM   #314

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmike »
First off thanks UB for the thread! I spent the time to code up what I believe to be a crude NT version. I can now say with the utmost confidence that when I see intensity accelerate and then decelerate the market will either reverse or continue! :-)

Any chance you'd toss us a bone or pointer re order flow and/or balance of trade filtering?
AZMike,

Thanks for the kind words.

As to our work with order flow and the balance of trade, there is more coming. By the end of next month TradePoint Software will bring out new software that will include an updated version of our Indicator Pack and an Update to the HUD. This will include more information about how to use Intensity to spot runs on stops and buy/sell programs.

To demo the efficacy of this software we will start a free room whose main purpose will be to demo and support the software.

To demo the software we will show real-time, real-money trade by bots who use inputs from the indicators in the indicator pack as their main source of trade decision support information.

To start, I will run the room and be open to questions about the software and trading in general. Participants will be encouraged to join the discussion and be given access to either phone in, Skype in or VOIP in. From those participants I will be looking to hire someone to take over the room to allow me more time for my work with the development of automated systems.

Besides offering a demonstration and support for my software, my goal with this room is to provide more useful trading support and information for free to traders of any level than is provided by any of the paid rooms.

As always I am open to any questions or comments by anyone. Contact info including phone is on our site.

cheers

UrmaBlume
"Success in the markets is not about instinct, divine inspiration or spontaneous intellectual combustion. It is about intelligent data processing, sound method and the management of risk and resource that is both effective and adaptive to change."

Last edited by UrmaBlume; 09-05-2012 at 10:30 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to UrmaBlume For This Useful Post:
cunparis (04-10-2013)
Old 04-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #315

Ignore this user

I just read this entire thread and saw I had posted in it a few years ago.

I tried to make something like this in SierraChart but it seems SC is limited by its smallest unit of time being 1 second. So with tick or volume charts, I can check to see if the time it took to create the bar was less than one second, which is basically 0 seconds, because SC cannot work with values less than 1 second but faster than zero seconds.

So I was able to using a tick chart of any size and measure the time between bars. Naturally the smaller size tick charts, the more accurate this would be. However, since it is limited to 1 second at the smallest, using too small of a tick chart size results in too many signals, and using too big of a tick chart size results in too few signals.

ES 500 tick chart:
http://www.sierrachart.com/Download....d&download=185

ES 2000 volume:
http://www.sierrachart.com/Download....d&download=186

ES 250 tick chart:
http://www.sierrachart.com/Download....d&download=187

You can see there are many false signals on that last one.

I'm sure this isn't really close to UrmaBlume's but I also don't think you can get any closer with SC since 1 second is as fast as they can get.

Last edited by metalhead; 04-07-2013 at 11:02 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to metalhead For This Useful Post:
cunparis (04-10-2013), doraal64 (04-14-2013)
Old 01-23-2018, 07:08 PM   #316

Ignore this user

I wanted to refresh this thread and see if people were using this indicator.

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: