Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Technical Analysis The technical discussion forum for traders.

Like Tree20Likes
Old 11-14-2008, 08:44 PM   #1

Ignore this user

Feltontrading Method

Hi
Has anyone used feltontrading method?

link is www.feltontrading.com

Any review on that?

Also
http://www.eminitradingstrategies.com/

any review on that too?

Thanks
Old 11-21-2008, 11:35 AM   #2

Ignore this user

Re: Feltontrading Method

Roger Felton was the original room moderator at Trader's international. I looked at his new Felton trading and it appears a improved upon the Trader's International system. Roger is a pretty good teacher, very pleasant and helpful. A few folks became successful traders using the TI method, as far as I could determine, but most drifted away to other methods (me) or dropped out altogether. I suppose that is not so much a commentary on that one particular system, but trading in general.

Cybrbrdr
Old 11-21-2008, 08:27 PM   #3

Ignore this user

All these snake oil services should be closed down for fraud.

Look in the charts, there is no shortcut to trading.

S
onesmith likes this.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Susana For This Useful Post:
biko77 (01-20-2011), onesmith (06-06-2012), Tams (01-19-2011)
Old 11-22-2008, 09:04 AM   #4

Ignore this user

I sat in his real time trading room for a few days and was impressed with his trading. His system I can't say was that great or maybe I did not completely understand it. But, he would call out trades in real time that were generally very good. The problem is he seemed to be calling out trades based on his experience as a trader and not based 100% on his rules. So he does have skill as a trader. He would call out a trade and the market would often do what he said it would do, so I was impressed with his trading skill. I took the TI course with Roger 5 or 6 years ago when he was a teacher for TI. I left TI very quickly because even as a newbie I could see it was BS. They always had a little nuance as to why this did not work. TI is crap, they would have to show me 10 days of real time trading, making real time calls before I would believe it has become something of value. To bad for me, it cost me lots of money for nothing. Felton left TI and started his own gig and I just learned about this in the past 6 months and that is when I sat in his room on his one week free trial. I did not sign up for his course because it is expensive and I don't have the money at this time. Five years ago I might have paid it, but I am no longer a newbie and I also know about TL now. Way back when I did not know about these forums where you could ask people about their advice and it has cost me money. I am in no way associated with Felton, I am just a unsuccessful trader who has tried various methods over the past 6 years in the quest of becoming a consistent $100 per day profit trader. If you PM me I can tell you other methods I have tried unsuccessfully. Everyone always says look at the charts. Well I would love to find a real time trading room with voice and charts where the trader calls out trades in real time based on the chart and walks you through the logic of what the chart is telling you at that time and why you are going long or short. I understand not every trade will work, it would just be a great educational experience. I would not be in the room to piggy back tdes or fish. But, I would be there to learn how to fish. I teach tennis and most tennis players are hackers(bad players) because they never paid an instructor to teach them the basics of how to hit the ball. All good tennis players took lessons from a teaching pro. There is not one professional tennis player on the tour who is self taught. They all took tennis lessons from a pro as a kid. I am not sure why trading does not have any legitimate educational sites taught by seasoned pro's. My tennis student's watch me hit the tennis ball and right away they can see that I am a very good player and know what I am talking about. Not sure if this helps, still searching! Best of luck and if you end up taking a course come back and tell us the truth about it. We can eliminate the fraud people by exposing them.
The Following User Says Thank You to gcgecko For This Useful Post:
Roger Felton (06-04-2012)
Old 11-22-2008, 11:37 AM   #5

Ignore this user

Smile Re: Feltontrading Method

Hello GCGecko,

Google Shay Horowitz. He has begining and advanced trading rooms, live during the market. The beginning room teaches and calls out trades live for a small monthly fee.

I personally attended Online Trading Academy and have access to their mentors. Kind of pricey, but so is blowing up your account.

For a very good trading course and techniques, I recommend Top Dog Trading, with Dr. Barry Burns. He's having a 50% off sale on right now. Both of his courses for $300. Well worth it.

I'm also using a software tool called Trendline Trader. First two months are free, then $99 a month after that. Obey the rules, and it works very well.

If you want some killer position trades, I recommend you go to Delta Society and subscribe to Dick Wiszotsky's stock service. $30 per month and you'll not find a better service anywhere. Welles Wilder founded Delta Society.

Hope this helps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ricastein For This Useful Post:
Bill B (12-19-2008), Lurveyj (10-27-2009)
Old 12-02-2008, 05:57 PM   #6

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricastein »
Hello GCGecko,

Google Shay Horowitz. He has begining and advanced trading rooms, live during the market. The beginning room teaches and calls out trades live for a small monthly fee.

I personally attended Online Trading Academy and have access to their mentors. Kind of pricey, but so is blowing up your account.

For a very good trading course and techniques, I recommend Top Dog Trading, with Dr. Barry Burns. He's having a 50% off sale on right now. Both of his courses for $300. Well worth it.

I'm also using a software tool called Trendline Trader. First two months are free, then $99 a month after that. Obey the rules, and it works very well.

If you want some killer position trades, I recommend you go to Delta Society and subscribe to Dick Wiszotsky's stock service. $30 per month and you'll not find a better service anywhere. Welles Wilder founded Delta Society.

Hope this helps.
Do you use the default settings on Trendline Trader or have you tweaked them?
Old 12-02-2008, 11:15 PM   #7

Ignore this user

I just use the default settings.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:34 PM   #8

Ignore this user

GCGecko,
I appreciate your commentary. An associate of mine pointed me to felton trading, but he has very deep pockets. I, like you, do not. I have taken many courses in trading (stocks, options, not futures). My results have been horrible in the past, but I haven't given up. I believe you have to discover your weakness, then work on it, always have a plan. Money mgmt is key. I have gone from being a consistent loser to making minimal gains. Painful lessons, but we all go through it.
I have tried a new technique. Only works with low commissions (under $5 per round trip).
Just look for relative tops (off 1 min) and bottoms and try to grab just 1/2 pt (e-mini just $25). You should hit almost 100%, but risk reward has to be at least 1:1, maybe 1:2.
Do it enough times per day and you can make a pretty good living. My theory that it will almost always move a 1/2 pt in your direction when it reaches a consolidation point.
I use the MACD histogram with the charts, and keep in simple.
eseverance likes this.

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: