Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

dupaski

Market Profile POC

For the folks using MP, do you use the POC or the Volume POC, (or both).

One other thing, I'm setting up my MP charts and my be having some data issues (several TPO's are missing from my chart). I have POC @ 12077 on the YM with a VA spaning 12084 to 12062. Does this line up with what others have? I'm using the 9:30 to 4:15 EST hours.

Thanks for taking a look.....

-DT

Im using a different timeframe: 9:00am EST to 4:15pm EST

I have the following numbers:

VAH: 12169

POC: 12125

VAL: 12095

Im adding 9:00am to 9:30am because of the active premarket we are experiencing lately.

Thanks Guys. What do you do when the POC and vPOC (volume POC) are separated by a realitivly large amount, like the almost 2 points in the ES on todays chart (using 9:30 to 4:15 EST).

Do you treat them like you would pivot points and just look to see how price acts when it approaches the level?

I never really paid attention to the volume POC or even the POC in my trading. I do pay attention to the virgin POC though.

Do you treat it like a gap that has not been closed, (i.e there is a high proability that the market will make it's way back to the level in the near term future)?

A good example of this would be the YM's Virgin POC from the 27th @ 12509.

I treat is as a signficant pivot level. Perhaps more powerful than any other pivot since VPOC's are pretty rare. Check out 12250 from 3/6.

The reason is that I have seen price reverse at these VPOC's plenty of times.

I treat is as a signficant pivot level. Perhaps more powerful than any other pivot since VPOC's are pretty rare. Check out 12250 from 3/6.

The reason is that I have seen price reverse at these VPOC's plenty of times.

Yes, the Enthios Universal Method is based on the propensity of price to reverse at a VPOC.

Soul, the POC acts like a magnet for price the following day. I'm kind of surprised you don't pay more attention to it. I guess the rarer occurrence (an untouched point of control : Virgin POC) is the more sought after situation. (insert own innuendo here :o ).

i use the VOLUME poc almost exclusively.

i also use 24 hrs of data. obviously, with the onight session, the VPOC is more "realistic" location of maximum price acceptance

i do like to notice sometimes where the time based POC is, but i find the Volume based POC works better... for me