Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Support Center Have any questions regarding the site? Submit a support ticket here. Check this section for announcements also.

Like Tree3Likes
Old 04-18-2012, 01:34 AM   #17

Ignore this user

Re: Suggestions

Hi,

Good idea with the suggestions.

1. A help or FAQ section would be great.

For someone new on the site, it takes some time to figure things out.

For instance, I had to figure out the info on premium members by myself. I found it eventually by myself, but it is kind of hidden.

Or, a little bit of transparency about the user status and how certain levels are obtained would be helpful, too (i.e. the X% Trader IQ, or the status "Complete", "Market Wizard", "Guru", etc.). I haven't found a section on this site where the logic behind it is explained.

Or, what are the consequences of deleting visitor messages. When I tried to delete one, I had to give a reason why I want to delete it and the only option checked was "Soft' delete - Leave "Deleted" Message". What does that mean? Where is this explained?

Or, what is the "Permalink" in the visitor message section?

2. Further, when I logged in on this site via my cellphone, my cellphone number was automatically saved in my "About me" page, public for everyone to see (this is the only explanation to me, as I would never post my phone number on a public site). That's not good and in certain countries even illegal to do so. I just saw it by chance and removed it. At least one should be asked whether this information can be saved and you could opt out.

That's for the moment what comes to my mind.

Regards,
k
Old 05-09-2012, 01:26 AM   #18

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by karoshiman »
Hi,

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that this is a great forum!

I've tried also other forums, but except for one, they all attract a lot of childish folks and the quality of the discussions suck big time. No fun to be around there...

MMS, you somehow managed to attract some intelligent people here and, more importantly, some good traders. To me, quality is more important than quantity...

Thank you for that! Keep up the great work!

Thanks also to TheNegotiator for posting such great thread topics which often lead to very interesting discussions!
The Following User Says Thank You to karoshiman For This Useful Post:
MadMarketScientist (05-29-2012)
Old 05-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #19

Ignore this user

In the edit profile section:

non-standard linkedin profiles need ability to be added. my linkedin link does not look like the example you give.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/traderslaboratory
vs
http://th.linkedin.com/pub/jon-grah/51/14/895

Suggestions-traders-laboratory-linkedin-error.png

perhaps the user should be able to add their entire link, and you can just check to see if the linkedin word is contained within the first part of the url?
Old 05-29-2012, 05:42 PM   #20

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by karoshiman »
Hi,

1. A help or FAQ section would be great.

For someone new on the site, it takes some time to figure things out.

For instance, I had to figure out the info on premium members by myself. I found it eventually by myself, but it is kind of hidden.

Or, a little bit of transparency about the user status and how certain levels are obtained would be helpful, too (i.e. the X% Trader IQ, or the status "Complete", "Market Wizard", "Guru", etc.). I haven't found a section on this site where the logic behind it is explained.

Or, what are the consequences of deleting visitor messages. When I tried to delete one, I had to give a reason why I want to delete it and the only option checked was "Soft' delete - Leave "Deleted" Message". What does that mean? Where is this explained?

Or, what is the "Permalink" in the visitor message section?

2. Further, when I logged in on this site via my cellphone, my cellphone number was automatically saved in my "About me" page, public for everyone to see (this is the only explanation to me, as I would never post my phone number on a public site). That's not good and in certain countries even illegal to do so. I just saw it by chance and removed it. At least one should be asked whether this information can be saved and you could opt out.

That's for the moment what comes to my mind.

Regards,
k
Thanks for the feedback - we will work on these suggestions

thx
MMS

Featured Brokers include:
NinjaTrader

Featured Services:
INO Trading Course
Old 11-10-2012, 08:32 AM   #21

Ignore this user

There is a new user who is flooding the forum with posts. Putting them on ignore doesn't help because their posts are still returned by "Latest Posts" and "Today's Posts".

Can the "Latest Posts" and "Today's Posts" be made to remove posts if made by users on your ignore list?
The Following User Says Thank You to TradeRunner For This Useful Post:
SIUYA (11-11-2012)
Old 11-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #22

Ignore this user

Thanked 6,143 Times in 1,653 Posts

I agree. Making posts every three minutes is just another form of spam, particularly when they're mostly copy-and-paste.

Db
Old 11-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #23

Ignore this user

Thanked 1,663 Times in 1,010 Posts

probably a spammer building post counts to avoid the spam-detector.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:31 AM   #24

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by TradeRunner »
There is a new user who is flooding the forum with posts. Putting them on ignore doesn't help because their posts are still returned by "Latest Posts" and "Today's Posts".

Can the "Latest Posts" and "Today's Posts" be made to remove posts if made by users on your ignore list?
great idea, that would be very good indeed

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: