Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Tradewinds

Automatic Logout

I am constantly getting automatically logged out, or something, before I complete making a post. This has been going on for months, and it's really getting aggravating. I'm in the middle of making a post, I submit it, and a screen comes up telling me that I need to log in to make the post. Well, I already logged in. When I then log in AGAIN I get a message that I'm already a registered member, it the page won't let me do anything. Then I have to log out, log back in again, find the thread I was replying to, and type in my post all over again. Something is very wrong here.

That happens to me on a lot of Forums. Here's what I have learned to do.

After typing a long Post or Reply, I copy it before hitting the "Submit" key.

If it goes thru, great, if not I log back in, Hit Post or Reply again and "Paste" my message.

Then hit "Submit".

Yes, I'm doing the same thing. I use the combination of keys, "Ctrl + A" to select my whole msg, then I use "Ctrl + C" to copy my msg into the memory buffer. It it's a long post, I actually, paste my post into Word Pad just in case something really goes wrong.

At one point I thought there was a User option to determine what the timing was for how much time passed before the website automatically logged me out. But I don't see an option for that anywhere. If there was an option, I would lengthen the time, or get rid of the automatic log out.

Tradewinds, do you check the box "Remember Me?" when you log in? If you do, you shouldn't have an issue again unless your "token" expires - which is when someone posts in the same thread after you start but before you complete your reply(I think).

No, I don't check the "Remember Me" box when I log in. I am in the habit of intentionally not doing that for security reasons. And I don't really want to change that. But even if I did check the "Remember Me" box, if the website uses cookies to keep track of that setting, then it won't work, because I have my browser delete all cookies every time the browser is closed.

No, I don't check the "Remember Me" box when I log in. I am in the habit of intentionally not doing that for security reasons. And I don't really want to change that. But even if I did check the "Remember Me" box, if the website uses cookies to keep track of that setting, then it won't work, because I have my browser delete all cookies every time the browser is closed.

Okay. That is up to you then. I do know that with chrome for example, there is a setting that will make it delete all data when it closes. Also, I believe you can specify certain websites for exception in the cookie settings.

Ok, thanks for responding. I guess it's one of those things that I just have to live with. If the web site developers could just kind of keep this issue in mind, so that it's open to a possible solution at some point, I think it would improve the user experience. Ultimately, Traders Laboratory wants satisfied customers, or they just won't participate as much. It won't stop me, but it might stop other people.

I've been using the "Remember" check box, when I log in, and that seems to solve the problem with getting automatically logged out. The Pop Up log in box, doesn't have a "remember" check box, so I have to close that, before I log in.