Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Sign in to follow this  
brownsfan019

Need My DOB and City?

DOB was already required upon initial registration. My intent was to add credibility for members; which seemed like something you were requesting as well upon opening the Trader PNL thread and questioning others if they really trade or not?

Although I have kept full name to be optional, I do think that sites that members identify themselves instead of remaining anonymous creates further trust within the community. Thoughts and feedback are welcome. Thanks.

Just curious James as why that was needed all of a sudden since there's no way to verify what a person puts there.

No there isn't but that is the case with any other registration based website. It will be up to you whether you want to keep yourself anonymous or not. Regardless, those who choose to identify themselves can obtain more credibility and will be more responsible for their actions. As traders I do not think this will be a problem?

No there isn't but that is the case with any other registration based website. It will be up to you whether you want to keep yourself anonymous or not. Regardless, those who choose to identify themselves can obtain more credibility and will be more responsible for their actions. As traders I do not think this will be a problem?

I understand what the intent is, just wondering if it will actually be of any use. Let's face it - spammers will just put whatever to pass the test and other users can put whatever they feel like as well. Some people prefer to have some degree of privacy when posting on internet boards, which is why I put na in my location. I really don't see why anyone here needs to know where I am located. Yes, you can make an educated guess by my username, but that's where the guessing stops.

Regardless, I think the user should be given the option of what to display in their posts as far as their bio goes. In other words, give the user the option to display location, etc.