Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

darthtrader3.0beta

Give Ninja Its Own Sub Forum

As we can see from posts on here, alot of people are using Ninja.

One thing to me with Ninja you quickly notice is that while their official forum is fantastic for basic stuff that they support, the structure of the forum ruins any inter community discussion for things the Ninja guys don't support.

There is a thread on the board about hooking Ninja to a mysql database...

Immediately the Ninja guys jump in that "sorry, this is not supported" and the discussion dies on the vine.

Basically there is almost no discussion between users of Ninja for more advanced things because there really is not a place to discuss those things without the Ninja guys getting in the way.

I've thought about making my own "unsupported Ninja" discussion forum but it would make alot more sense to just have it on here.

Obviously this would be a departure from the way specific software is treated on here but every other software has a forum where users can discuss things like this while Ninja really does not.

I've started trying to document some of the stuff that is undocumented in ninja that you can only really see if bring up the intellisense and would start a thread in the new forum to get things going. The ninja guys have stated they are not going to provide documentation for things they don't support even though there are all kinds of really cool things in there like

chartHelper.ConvertBarIdxToX(CurrentBar);

Hi Darth, I'm all for a Ninja forum, or subforum. Its own thread, anyway. Just now I was trying to find the posts that are somewhere on TradersLab about the effort to create a Market Profile indicator for Ninja. Can't find it. Having a central hub for Ninja-related topics would sure help.

BTW, can you (or anyone, please) point me to the posts I'm looking for on MP for Ninja? Thanks,

Tasuki

Hi Darth, I'm all for a Ninja forum, or subforum. Its own thread, anyway. Just now I was trying to find the posts that are somewhere on TradersLab about the effort to create a Market Profile indicator for Ninja. Can't find it. Having a central hub for Ninja-related topics would sure help.

BTW, can you (or anyone, please) point me to the posts I'm looking for on MP for Ninja? Thanks,

Tasuki

If you look at the Market Profile forum, the very first and 5th (as of this moment) threads cover that.

Edited by sevensa

Very cool...I kinda like the idea of having more of the popular software seperated like this.

ditto for me. Provides a central hub for traders using a particular software.