Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

BlowFish

Sureal Nonsence.

Is there an institution somewhere that allows the inmates internet access Friday evenings?

Lots of random slightly sureal 1 line posts by brand new posters. We're not in Kansas any more Toto.

I've just been reporting all instances of that. The usernames look random, and the posts are either all the same, or copies from someone else, leading me to believe it's the same person. PM spamming, anyone?

I've just been reporting all instances of that. The usernames look random, and the posts are either all the same, or copies from someone else, leading me to believe it's the same person. PM spamming, anyone?

It's only a mild irritant but doesn't create a good impression for genuine new members. I did get 1 PM for some forex course. Actually there was one that sounded like a fortune cookie that did make me smile :)

Lots of random slightly sureal 1 line posts by brand new posters. We're not in Kansas any more Toto.
I just looked outside...still in Kansas for me. :hmmmm:

It's only a mild irritant but doesn't create a good impression for genuine new members. I did get 1 PM for some forex course. Actually there was one that sounded like a fortune cookie that did make me smile :)
Let me guess..."Never Lose Again...In Bed!!"

Thank goodness for good ole Macallan :cheers:

Kind of weird to find a year old post bumped and to have deja vu about the comment.......only to discover that it was something I had written 18 months ago.....un-attributed of course.

I've already received a spam PM as well, so it's quite obvious what happened. If you check their user pages, they're still busy sending messages right now.

Something is up.I have started deleting them, however I see this is just going on and on. If you get pm's just put the names in this thread so we can just go ahead and deny them access.

karktymarkar is another. In fact, just go through all the unread posts. It's blindingly obvious which ones they are.

Edited by atto

I just got one from jayaftnt. Let me see...that link brings me to a page with a contact e-mail address. I know a few dozen mailing lists that address would like to subscribe to. :rofl:

Edited by Hlm

It seems like spammers are posting 3 posts in order to use the pm system. Ive managed to ban and remove all the junk but if I have missed anything, please let me know. I appreciate the notice guys. Thank you.

I think most of the names have been banned now. But keep posting names here if you get pm's . I noticed also that they are all coming from names registered in afghanistan, so that might be helpful in searching them out.

and again

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/30/woodies-cci-technique-2103-4.html#post56818

OK they ADT has kicked in I'm done despite there being other new 'spam' users. most of the recent posts are this spam bot. Not sure what its objective is it seems to take random threads cut a random paragraph and add that to the end. It makes 3 posts under each new user name.