Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Ummm... Where'd All These Threads Come From?

James,

Looks like your new business plans area will become more popular than the trading stuff in about a week or so! ;)

Haven't seen so many new messages from new people in a long time, but none about trading. Whatever marketing plans you are using, THEY ARE WORKING. LOL.

James the Internet Marketer Guru!

Is there a way to separate new posts from the business forum and the regular trading forum. When i look at the new posts i really dont care about liability insurance, Obama, or restaurants. I come here for trading stuff. While I applaud your entrepreneur spirit, it would probably be best to separate the trading and other stuff. I dont really want to spend time going through all of the non-trading stuff.

Is there a way to separate new posts from the business forum and the regular trading forum. When i look at the new posts i really dont care about liability insurance, Obama, or restaurants. I come here for trading stuff. While I applaud your entrepreneur spirit, it would probably be best to separate the trading and other stuff. I dont really want to spend time going through all of the non-trading stuff.

Ill disable the business part for now as I am working on separating them at the moment. Thanks

James,

Did we just get re-directed to Mark Joyner?

Actually it looks like a potentially wonderful communty with great potential and I wish them all the best and prosperity BUT that whole direction needs to be a separate deal, separate domain, separate world... please

Thanks for your consideration

zdo

agree.

lots of business-related threads which isnt why I come to TradersLab!

needs compartmentalising.

Just my opinion, but the ignore system misses the point. This forum is called the TRADERS lab, not the "anything goes" lab. I can only speak for myself, but I would really prefer to see this site remain a focus for trading only. By including people with different energies, it seems to dilute the effort we "regulars" are making to understand and trade the markets.

Just my opinion, but the ignore system misses the point. This forum is called the TRADERS lab, not the "anything goes" lab. I can only speak for myself, but I would really prefer to see this site remain a focus for trading only. By including people with different energies, it seems to dilute the effort we "regulars" are making to understand and trade the markets.

Thanks for the feedback. Let me spend some time thinking about how to implement this... trading is definitely the main for TL. The business forum was just out of pure personal passion and if members are not too keen on it I will remove it. I still do want to make it work and figure out a way to separate the two entirely so you would not even notice it was there. Please bear with me for a few more days until I have this sorted out. Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback. Let me spend some time thinking about how to implement this... trading is definitely the main for TL. The business forum was just out of pure personal passion and if members are not too keen on it I will remove it. I still do want to make it work and figure out a way to separate the two entirely so you would not even notice it was there. Please bear with me for a few more days until I have this sorted out. Thanks.

Perhaps have 2 domains, if you arrive through the TL one the business tab starts with its forums unsubscribed requiring and active decision to subscribe. The converse would be true if you arrive through the bussiness domain.

Or conversely ask the question what you are intrested in when you first arive and store a cookie.

Perhaps have 2 domains, if you arrive through the TL one the business tab starts with its forums unsubscribed requiring and active decision to subscribe. The converse would be true if you arrive through the bussiness domain.

Or conversely ask the question what you are interested in when you first arrive and store a cookie.

My first thought was to separate the domains.. but due to some of the customizations made already this could not be done. (as far as I know) The option to subscribe to the business forums upon registering is something may be able to implement. Thanks

My first thought was to separate the domains.. but due to some of the customizations made already this could not be done. (as far as I know) The option to subscribe to the business forums upon registering is something may be able to implement. Thanks

I was trying to think from the point of view of new visitors. Actually I seldom visit the home preferring to jump straight in to new posts, its (the home page) actually pretty clean :D