Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Guest forsearch

How to Place Users on Ignore?

Guest forsearch

Mods,

How do I place users or their posts on ignore at TL?

Many forums have this function; could a mod chime in and advise how it is done at TL?

I'm tired of abusive posts and private messages from one frustrated poster in particular.

Thanks,

-fs

1) Click on their name

2) View their "Public Profile"

3) In upper left corner click "User Lists"

4) Choose "Add to Ignore List"

There may be a quicker way.

Guest forsearch

Thanks HLM!

This seems to work quite well for regular users.

Problem is I now get this error message when I try to block this one person:

Sorry ***** is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her

Guess they must be a part-time mod of a forum sub-section or something....

Could James or a full-time mod could advise further?

-fs

Actually I think that it should be ok to put mods on ignore. If they are active posters, James, they can post as much tripe as anyone - and their biases can be even stronger. If you're ignoring someone so that you don't get irritated into a fight it would seem even more important to do that with a moderator.

You'll notice if they delete or edit your posts even when you don't see their posts.

FWIW :)

Whats the issue here guys?

Is there something we can resolve easily perhaps?

Let me know if I can help at all.

MC

Guest forsearch

MC,

The issue has been stated.

Thanks, Kiwi for cogently explaining a good reason why.

Just need to know if there is a way to enable this option, ASAP.

-fs

Edited by forsearch

MC,

The issue has been stated.

Thanks, Kiwi for cogently explaining a good reason why.

Just need to know if there is a way to enable this option, ASAP.

-fs

Not as a moderator, we have no board setting access. James will have to be involved on this if there is even anything he can do.

I run a vbulletin board and I'm 99.9% sure you cannot ignore admins/mods no matter what. The only thing that could be done is to revoke that persons mod status so you could ignore them.

NOTE that even ignored peoples posts will show up if quoted.

Guest forsearch
The only thing that could be done is to revoke that persons mod status so you could ignore them.

I guess that's something that James will have to decide based on the merits of the situation.

But I'd rather ignore them than complain and whine about their behavior; you full-time mods and James have better things to worry about than some part-timer mod stuck on silly.

I guess that's something that James will have to decide based on the merits of the situation.

But I'd rather ignore them than complain and whine about their behavior; you full-time mods and James have better things to worry about than some part-timer mod stuck on silly.

I disagree with this, as mods we represent the community and our actions reflect on James and TL. I mean, sure everyone has their opinions but there's certainly a clear line where things become unprofessional and should be dealt with.

If someone is PM'ing you to continue to beef or cause drama that has to be dealt with. I don't knowfor TL as I see it and it would be like me getting in a pissing ma the background but mods should be held to a higher standard IMO. Mods in a way work tch with a customer here at work. It just can't happen, the mod can put you on ignore or better yet just step aside and drop it.

Again, I have no idea of the background here either.

As a former supermod over at T2W I only half agree with you mcichocki (there must be a story to go with that name?).

A supermod should be held to a special standard of behaviour.

But to promote discussion and/or information it is not a bad thing to create special forums. In those special forums the mod isn't there to uphold the standards of the site but to promote the specialness of the forum by filtering. You could argue that they should do both ---- but we are humans and being a fantastic trader or knowing something special doesn't imply good qualities for a supermod.

One could say that forsearch should stay out of those forums but maybe the boards systems apply the "can't ignore the mod" rule in all forums even though they are not a mod there.

So, I second forsearch and suggest that either:

- we can ignore mini-mods; or

- we can innore all mods if the first can't be achieved.

To be honest I think we should be able to ignore anyone. In fact I'm just going to add someone to my list (not in this discussion).

Damnation and blast it!

The person I added (because I don't particularly like them and think their posts are too frequent and in my opinion sometimes foolish) is in the category:

Sorry the_irritating_person is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.

They don't show as a moderator.

By way of contrast I checked and I could ignore forsearch if I wanted to but I don't.

There is no way for the system to add a moderator to the ignore list. I do not want to customize this and enable it as communication between members is a must. If there is a problem with any of the mods, just pm me and I will try to think of a solution. Thanks

Guest forsearch

Sorry the_irritating_person is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.

They don't show as a moderator.

Guess I'm not the only one who feels a certain irritating_person on TL is a PITA, but I can't ignore them.

Anyway, whether they should be moderating on this site is not my call, nor is it the focus of my support ticket.

And contrary to that irritating_person's opinion, I could really care less about them - hence the desire to place them on ignore.

LOL James, filtered communications is good (I don't listen to the prime minister or that silly woman on Channel 7 and my life is better for both). Hopefully its an easy fix.

I solved the problem last time by simply leaving the site for a couple of years.

It seems a little early to repeat that so they're currently on my "mental ignore" but like "mental stops" they just are not quite as good.

I don't listen to the prime minister ... my life is better

I hear ya Kiwi - avoiding the Krudd is difficult (baby kisser extraordinaire) but well worth it.

Guest forsearch

Kiwi,

I'm with you. Unfortunately I've gotten several unacceptable PMs as well, so it's long since crossed the line of merely irritating, you know?

Still, at the end of the day, it's James' board to manage as he sees fit. If letting one of his quasi-mods act up is OK by him, then so be it.

But I should have the ability to ignore them without leaving the board altogether.

I thought TL was above this ET crap, but I've been wrong before too.

Shame...

-fs