Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

GammaJammer

Question to the Mods - Thyread Placement

If I have short term (i.e. intraday) market comments (and I'm NOT talking about live trading calls here, just kind of a rolling, blog / stream of consciousness type thing) where would you like me to put em.

Should I start a blog? (do we have such a thing here?). Or you guys want a thread somewhere (and if so, where do you want it)?

Happy to try and comply with the general tone of the site.

GJ

If I have short term (i.e. intraday) market comments (and I'm NOT talking about live trading calls here, just kind of a rolling, blog / stream of consciousness type thing) where would you like me to put em.

Should I start a blog? (do we have such a thing here?). Or you guys want a thread somewhere (and if so, where do you want it)?

GJ

What Db said, or, if you prefer a blog format you can start one here yes. Click on the "TL! Blogs" box on the menu bar near the top of each page.

It's really up to you, GJ. If you want discussion and to see others' charts but you don't care about being able to moderate, opt for a thread. If you want the opposite of the above, start a blog.

Went for a blog in the end. As much because I've not tried one yet as anything. And like you say, at least that way I have some control (not that it seems like I'll really need much on this forum compared to others).

Just my vague mutterings - sometimes I'll be specific on trading levels, sometimes not. Sometimes just my thoughts on market conditions etc. Kind of a cathartic thing or an excercise in marshalling my thoughts, call it what you will. Can't promis it'll be any good, but what the hell.

GJ

A blog would be good because you can control your train of thoughts without outside distractions (if you want to delete the posts from yourself or others, etc).

GJ

I consider blogs something like self-moderated threads. Wasp & I started one too btw. With 19 blogs on 10000 members, it seems like the concept has yet to gain popularity though...

Blogs are a good way to keeping trading journals, but it takes dedication and honesty and guts for others to see your results and weaknesses as opposed to private journals. In the end it makes a difference because you grow as a trader and of course we notice why most traders come and go. I had my time at this so it was a useful tool. I still do it sometimes but due to involving trading OPM, it's now private. But definitely recommend it.

Went for a blog in the end. As much because I've not tried one yet as anything.

Just my vague mutterings - sometimes I'll be specific on trading levels, sometimes not. Sometimes just my thoughts on market conditions etc. Kind of a cathartic thing or an excercise in marshalling my thoughts, call it what you will. Can't promis it'll be any good, but what the hell.

GJ

I'm sure many of the non-premium members were rather hoping you'd have plumped for the other route :)

It’s a shame more of the members won’t be able to observe your views & comments. I know they have the opportunity to stump up $80 or whatever it is to upgrade, but it’s still disappointing that certain sections of these forums are out of bounds to those who would possibly benefit most.

Of course you must direct, run & manage your work as you see fit, & it’s personal choice as to who accesses said info, but from what I understand (from colleagues etc) you’re a top class contributor with excellent knowledge, experience & grounding in your chosen field.

I for one am very much looking forward to your (& other quality T2W posters) participation in this forum & judging by the feedback & buzz surrounding the transfer of activity of you guy’s, so are a few more.

I’m by no means attempting to change your mind or alter your decision, but I hope you won’t restrict your posts exclusively to the medium of blogs or private enclosure. That goes for everyone who jumped ship.

I fully understand & appreciate the reasons all you guy’s opted to pitch out of T2W, but this joint is a very different animal altogether.

The mods are very agreeable, competent, switched on individuals & Mr Lee directs this site with a fair yet firm hand.

I’m sure you’ll enjoy this gig & I wish everyone continued good trading!

I'm sure many of the non-premium members were rather hoping you'd have plumped for the other route :)

It’s a shame more of the members won’t be able to observe your views & comments. I know they have the opportunity to stump up $80 or whatever it is to upgrade, but it’s still disappointing that certain sections of these forums are out of bounds to those who would possibly benefit most.

Of course you must direct, run & manage your work as you see fit, & it’s personal choice as to who accesses said info, but from what I understand (from colleagues etc) you’re a top class contributor with excellent knowledge, experience & grounding in your chosen field.

I for one am very much looking forward to your (& other quality T2W posters) participation in this forum & judging by the feedback & buzz surrounding the transfer of activity of you guy’s, so are a few more.

I’m by no means attempting to change your mind or alter your decision, but I hope you won’t restrict your posts exclusively to the medium of blogs or private enclosure. That goes for everyone who jumped ship.

I fully understand & appreciate the reasons all you guy’s opted to pitch out of T2W, but this joint is a very different animal altogether.

The mods are very agreeable, competent, switched on individuals & Mr Lee directs this site with a fair yet firm hand.

I’m sure you’ll enjoy this gig & I wish everyone continued good trading!

Hi Art,

Worry not, we all plan on contributing a great deal soon as do many others. At the moment, we are just finding our feet and reading the boards, as there is a whole wealth of different information over here and I don't want to start posting things that have been covered before.

These boards and everyone here is refreshing and helpful with a great mod and staff team and I hope we live up to everyone's expectations! I can't wait to join in discussions about trading and for them to actually progress instead of going wayward.

I agree it is a shame not all areas are accessible and if we were planning on not joining in the main boards, we would have just gone with a skype group. We will have both and soon you'll wish we would sod off back when you have 100's of new posts everyday instead of 20! :rofl:

So watch this space, we will be posting soon........

PS. PM'ed GJ to sort him out! ;)

I thought blogs were publicly accessible? Me and wasp opened one and although the main purpose is to improve ourselves, it's not like there's anything secret going on in there...

As for the private vs public threads, I already started a new thread (http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f34/all-you-need-is-a-chart-3843.html), and I'm sure wasp & myself will contribute to the main forums like we did before! :)

A lot of reading material to catch up on though! :coffee:

They are. Otherwise there would have been no point in my opening one.

Like I thought. But the comment below, as a reaction to GJ opening a blog, suggested otherwise.

It’s a shame more of the members won’t be able to observe your views & comments.

Anyway, good blogging :)

Like I thought. But the comment below, as a reaction to GJ opening a blog, suggested otherwise.

I see no blog from GJ anyway. The blog's not secret. It's not there.

Well I definitely wrote something on Friday, so where has it gone? Hmmm - will do some digging. Certainly not my intention to make my blog available only to premium members (although I have a feelign most of what I write will be of interest to only a vrey narrow selection of of people anyway, many / most of whom would potentially be residing in the premium area I'd have thought).

Anyway, better go and find that missing blog

GJ

I see no blog from GJ anyway. The blog's not secret. It's not there.

Well predictably the fault lay with moi. Not as if I spend all day with technology or anything. A 30 second trip to a page handily entitled 'blog control panel' revealed the fact that I hadn't permissioned anyone at all to view it. SHould be fixed now. Everyone bar my ignore list can view, contacts can leave comments.

If someone could confirm that they can see my rubbish scribblings now it would be appreciated. Once I know it's working I may well write a bit more.

Thanks for the heads up guys and gals

GJ

If someone could confirm that they can see my rubbish scribblings now it would be appreciated. Once I know it's working I may well write a bit more.

Thanks for the heads up guys and gals

GJ

I now see it. :)

I thought blogs were publicly accessible?

Yes, of course you gentlemen are correct. I'm getting my blogs & my logs mixed up.

Certain sections of the site (not incl blogs) are unavailable to non-premium members, & I incorrectly stated so.

I guess it's not too difficult to work out I haven't spent a whole lot of time on public forums. :)

The only thing with Blogs is they tend not to get visited as much (imvho). Personally I tend to click on unread posts then go. every now and then I remember what a full featured site this is.....maybe advertise your blog with a link in your signature too?

The only thing with Blogs is they tend not to get visited as much (imvho). Personally I tend to click on unread posts then go. every now and then I remember what a full featured site this is.....maybe advertise your blog with a link in your signature too?

It's certainly an option, but those who know me would tell you that's so not what I'm about. If people want to read my blog then cool. If they don't then also cool. I have no interest in publicising it, and if I'm totally honest it's primary function is to get me to marshal my thoughts occasionally. I thought for years about doing something like a blog, before such a thing existed online. But I'm too busy / too lazy to do it unless the technology makes it really easy.

So now it is, and I'll put up my thoughts as and when I get the time. Unfortunately, that isn't every day, so if anyone's hoping to follow my train of thought then I think they're gonna be disappointed - it's gonna seem a bit disjointed I reckon. Or maybe not - maybe I'll surprise even myself.

GJ