Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Threads needs to be more visible

James,

This thread - http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f30/how-to-post-a-chart-properly-805.html or something similar to it needs to be more visible in my opinion. Since our influx of new members, I've read many threads of 'how do I post a chart' or 'I could not figure out how to post a chart', etc.

The explanation of how to do this needs to be more visible somewhere on the forum. Perhaps a 'New to TL, read this!' page would work and on this page would be a link to this info. Kind of like a newbie handbook if you will - rules of posting, etiquette expected, how to post a chart, etc. etc.

Thanks brownsfan, I have been dying to do this for months now. But creating a manual is going to take me some time. I initially thought of a wiki format but then I realized I have no idea how to use wiki.

I will spend some time over the weekend to get started on creating a manual. The old manual is kind of outdated so will have to create a new one from scratch.

I think for now James, and maybe what Tor was hitting on, is a simple guide/post that is sticky in ALL forums and in it has posting guidelines, expected etiquette, how to post a chart, etc. Something that is visible in each forum and subforum, but only ONE of these. I've seen forums that have a sticky on how to post, how to do this, how to do that and before you know it you have 10 sticky's on each forum.

Even just a 'How To' sticky would work well...

How to... post a chart, create hyperlinks, use smileys, etc. etc. While some things may seem basic, it would probably help someone out at some point. For example, how many know how to create a clean hyperlink? No idea, but I bet some don't.