Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

jperl

Live Charts

I notice there is a live charts thread with FOREX data being posted.

Here is an idea but don't know if it is possible. Allow users to demonstrate there trading technique with real time live charts (and audio).

We have a lot of talking about trading, but virutally no walking. Live demos would help us all understand what the talking is all about.

JERRY

I am a little slow....how does one get set up for adding vox to the videos...or doing the videos at all for that matter?

I'd do that if someone would point me in the right direction....

Good idea Jperl.

Hi Jerry, nice idea.... i also had being doing some thinking on the topic...

are you referring to a trading room on live with our fellow traders or recording live sessions to be posted after on the site ?... cheers The Chimp.

I've been posting real-time trades in the candlestick corner. Of course these are swing-type plays.

yeah real time commentary on that would make for a damn long video. LOL

you release a box set!

I am a little slow....how does one get set up for adding vox to the videos...or doing the videos at all for that matter?

I use Camtasia studio Reaver... from http://www.techsmith.com

Thanks Walter, I'll look into that.

UPDATE:

whoah! $299?

It would be a good deal if I used it for recording my trades...but just for forum use, is there anything more economical?

Hi Jerry, nice idea.... i also had being doing some thinking on the topic...

are you referring to a trading room on live with our fellow traders or recording live sessions to be posted after on the site ?... cheers The Chimp.

The former Walter. Recording live in real time so that we can watch you trade and explain what you are doing. The only thing we can do now is post videos with voice over after the fact.

But I do notice that there is a live charts "room" where James is posting real time charts of the FOREX. So it seems like it should be possible to have a real time room where the user can post a real time chart too.

Jerry,

There is this TL chat room - http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/misc.php?do=flashchat

I don't think it will support live, streaming charts, but there is a chat room right here on TL. Awhile back it had people in there daily but it died off for whatever reason. If there's enough interest, you guys could just use that for the time being.

Yes that's the problem with it brownsfan. You can't show realtime charts.

What I'd like to see is something like I've done in the videos in the "Trading with Market Statistics" threads but in real time. The closest thing I've seen to this is Woddies CCI club where the moderator posts his real time charts and initiates trades off of them. Very useful.

I think some people tried to use http://www.tradingrooms.com/

There you can post charts in real-time. It requires a download by the user and I think that put some people off. As far as I can tell it is free to set up a public chat room, but not entirely sure.

The only other programs I know of is hotcomm and omnovia, all which are not free, so this might be a viable solution.

I think some people tried to use http://www.tradingrooms.com/

There you can post charts in real-time. It requires a download by the user and I think that put some people off. As far as I can tell it is free to set up a public chat room, but not entirely sure.

The only other programs I know of is hotcomm and omnovia, all which are not free, so this might be a viable solution.

Tradingrooms i believe may have been used by James here. Don't know why he stopped using it. Maybe he should have a second look

I think not many people used it since it required the user to install a program on their machine. The java-based chatroom that is on this site currently doesnt require any sort of downloads.

Jerry, what you are referring too is a "tradingroom concept", wich has a complete interface of live screen share, chat and audio... tradingrooms.com can be used for that purpose and its free... never tried gotomeeting.com , should have to check... but basicly its a tradingroom, woodie originaly used hotcomm, now he got a diferent own one... cheers Walter.

I think not many people used it since it required the user to install a program on their machine. The java-based chatroom that is on this site currently doesnt require any sort of downloads.

Now I remember why James dropped tradingrooms. It's slower than molasses and will lock up your machine.

Don't know anything about gotomeeting.com, but it is not free.

tradingrooms was a bit clumsy but had lots of features, people didn't like the idea of downloading then have it used to eat all the RAMs meant for their charts and trading platforms. The web-based chat was simple but lacked the real-time chart sharing. So for the real daytraders who share it made sense. There wasn't just enough interest to keep the room going.