Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Hello,

Which trading room is being used by forum traders. Yesterday I have tried Campfire from the site toolbar but no traders. Is it the one in Trading Rooms?

btrader2

Note: I should have put this in Support Center Section.

Hello,

Which trading room is being used by forum traders. Yesterday I have tried Campfire from the site toolbar but no traders. Is it the one in Trading Rooms?

btrader2

Yea we use campfire. So im assuming not many traders occupy the chat room now? I personally can no longer make it due to the time difference. I might just revert it back to the old chat system if no one is using campfire.

Yea we use campfire. So im assuming not many traders occupy the chat room now? I personally can no longer make it due to the time difference. I might just revert it back to the old chat system if no one is using campfire.

I don't think it's an issue of the software. I just think when you stopped coming around, James, a few people dropped out and before you knew it nobody showed up. It was a good thing but it needs a leader. Tingull was sort of second banana, but I think his mentor advised him that chat rooms might be distracting.

I miss it, but I can't be there every day either nor is it helpful for me to be chatting all the time. Sometime I need to just focus on the market. But the camaderie is nice.

Yea, not a lot of us use it anymore. My coach as well as my girlfriend and others who know my 1 track mind thought I ought to concentrate on the markets instead of anything else. So far it's been working out nicely for me.

But yea, its tough to trade and talk, especially lately.

It is tough, that's for sure, esp if you have a group of traders all trading different setups. One idea, which is taken from this thread on et, is to start a thread for real-time (or close to) postings for the sake of some sort of chat during the day. Again, it may be just as distracting as a chat room, so I don't know. Just an idea. I enjoy the camaraderie of talking w/ other traders, but it can hurt your trading as well. A fine line to walk.

Any other ideas besides the chat room, which obviously has lost interest, or an ongoing thread?

Yea, not a lot of us use it anymore. My coach as well as my girlfriend and others who know my 1 track mind thought I ought to concentrate on the markets instead of anything else. So far it's been working out nicely for me.

But yea, its tough to trade and talk, especially lately.

I'm with you there, buddy. That actually explains why I have been gone so much...I took it to the next level of isolation!

How's it going Chris?

It is tough, that's for sure, esp if you have a group of traders all trading different setups. One idea, which is taken from this thread on et, is to start a thread for real-time (or close to) postings for the sake of some sort of chat during the day. Again, it may be just as distracting as a chat room, so I don't know. Just an idea. I enjoy the camaraderie of talking w/ other traders, but it can hurt your trading as well. A fine line to walk.

Any other ideas besides the chat room, which obviously has lost interest, or an ongoing thread?

Well, let's do it. Everyday someone start a daily chat thread. Then we can follow it and contribute at leisure during the trading day. It should be less intrusive than a chat room.

What do you think?

Chat rooms are definitely distracting. I remember seeing a 200 point or so profit disappear in the days after the February 27 slump because I was too busy chatting to monitor my position properly and make a timely decision. I'm glad I wasn't in any chat rooms this Friday. I like the idea of a daily chat thread where we can cheerlead the market up or down ET-style but without the abuse.