Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

Occasional outages still occuring

James - just an FYI for you - I still get connection issues with the site. There's no set time when it happens, it just tries to connect and then gives up. I am using Firefox 2.0.0.4.

Hello,

Just heard back from my IT guys checking the server configurations... there seems to be nothing wrong with our server. Can you try flushing your dns on CMD?

Go to Start > Run> CMD and type "ipconfig /flushdns".

It's gotten so bad, I may have to leave the site for good. I have been trying to get on all day, and only now can connect. No other forum, or site in general, does this.

And it all started after the last update...............

Yes....still a major problem here in New York State.

Here is a possible work around that I have tried that seems to function most of the time....

a)Open your browser to some other site.

b)click on a link in this other site.

c)Then try opening traderslaboratory.com

This usually works for me. But its a pain.

There clearly is a problem with getting into the server.

JERRY

James - I suggest you tell your programmer to fix the issue and soon. If Pivot and others leave, this site will die quickly. There is obviously something wrong here, regardless of what he is telling you.

Guest cooter
Happened again tonight.

Here's what I see on Firefox if it's any help:

attachment.php?attachmentid=1994&stc=1&d=1184294310

Curious, when this happens with Firefox, do you notice it with IE?

I must admit that I've had no bother getting into the site and I use IE, however about half an hour ago I couldn't log on as it was saying there was a database error.........probablies your IT guys looking into it.

Just a FYI

Blu-Ray

Hello,

I personally too have never had any difficulties viewing the site from multiple pc's across the Tokyo area. The IT guy had mentioned that it could be the some IP locations need updating.

Here is the exact answer today:

"Thanks for your email. As for the site access, no it has no relation to the skin as the skin is not set to public view yet and if it had a relation to the database, it will show a database error but visitors will be still able to access the site, even the error page. What I think is that it's a proxy problem from some users' ISPs as you have changed the server and it takes sometimes for ISPs who are using proxys to reflect the site all the time in a right way."

Hopefully things will run smoother after the end of this week? I have some ppl over at the hosting company investigating into the situation so will let you know shortly. My apologies for the inconvenience. One note.... have you all tried flushing your DNS?

Regarding the database errors, that was a temporary restart on our mysql database. The guys over at my hosting company needed to restart the database for investigation reasons.

Guest cooter

Two different IPs on different subnets and ISPs here, and no problem accessing the site, save and except for the cookie authentication issue a few days back.

Just checking to see if anyone is experiencing any problems still? If so, please let me know the area where you are connecting from. So far I am aware of the NY area having connections problem.

For those of you who are still experiencing server not found errors, I would like to further investigate this issue. On our side, we have reinstalled a different firewall for our server and had about 4 IT guys take a good look at the server. We have found nothing wrong with the server at this moment.

In order for us to investigate we need the following information.

1. Location

2. Tracerts

3. IP Address (I have this information on me but please send me your IP if you are connecting from several locations)

Please pm me with this information so I can have a seperate network team investigate the issue. Our guess at the moment is some kind of network problem as this problem seems to be limited to several locations only.

A Tracert can be obtained through sites like here: http://tracert.com/

Thanks brownsfan, looking into it now. I am considering switching servers at the end of the month. My current hosting company are unable to solve this problem which is unacceptable. Ill let you know in a few hours.

Thanks brownsfan, looking into it now. I am considering switching servers at the end of the month. My current hosting company are unable to solve this problem which is unacceptable. Ill let you know in a few hours.

In my experience with IT guys, that may be the best way to go. I've NEVER seen a site be so sporadic as TL has become since the 'upgrade'. It's not your fault, these IT guys just make me laugh sometimes.

Hi Walter, I have sent your info as well. My apologies and thank you all for your patience. I have officially decided to ditch my server company. For those who are interested, dont ever go with http://v2.hivelocity.net/. They are the worst server company I have ever encountered. The only reason why I wanted to stick with it is because I have a pretty solid server at the moment and the whole process of moving can be a pain in the butt.

I will begin the process of finding a new host. I hope to have a new server up and running by the end of the week. Thanks.

Guest cooter
Hi Walter, I have sent your info as well. My apologies and thank you all for your patience. I have officially decided to ditch my server company. For those who are interested, dont ever go with http://v2.hivelocity.net/. They are the worst server company I have ever encountered. The only reason why I wanted to stick with it is because I have a pretty solid server at the moment and the whole process of moving can be a pain in the butt.

I will begin the process of finding a new host. I hope to have a new server up and running by the end of the week. Thanks.

I sincerely hope you've made backups of your server elsewhere.

After reading your public proclamation, don't be surprised if your soon-to-be-former hosting company has an "unrecoverable data crash" :confused:

Just a word to the wise...

johngalt.jpg

Update: We have started our new server switch. (wow that was fast!)

We are upgrading to a managed dedicated server this way I dont have to kill myself trying to figure out what went wrong. The process will take roughly 3-4 days I think. After moving my server twice and screwing it up twice.. I have a better idea of what to do now. Hopefully there will be minimum downtime through this process. Thanks

James - I could not get to TL most of Monday and finally just gave up.

Hopefully the server switch will fix that!

Yes most likely it will. I am switching as we speak. Please give me up to 3 days until we complete the move.