Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Support Center Have any questions regarding the site? Submit a support ticket here. Check this section for announcements also.

Like Tree12Likes
  • 6 Post By MightyMouse
  • 3 Post By clmacdougall
  • 3 Post By BlueHorseshoe
Old 05-05-2013, 01:31 AM   #1

Ignore this user

Pending Legal Action

I will accept an apology from steve46 as sufficient to resolve this.

If another week goes by without resolution then I am pursuing a legal solution to steve46 claiming I am a "crazy person". Libel is a felony.

You are aware you can't continue to enable someone to use TL as a platform for ongoing criminal activity, after it's been brought to your attn.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #2

Ignore this user

Re: Pending Legal Action

You do not have suit. Neither can steve46 identify who he called names nor can you identify who you were called names by. Steve46 is a fictional character as is Onesmith.

Name calling is a common practice among members of a trading site. It makes no difference to a court if name calling occurs in spite of a sites guidelines.

Why do you think that anyone takes Steve46's comments about you seriously? Your actions, in my opinion, flatter the Steve46 character. It is as if you provide him admiration, probably more admiration than he deserves. Keep in mind that I am developing this opinion based on your comments to him and not his comments to you.

Has Steve46's name calling prevented you from improving your position at this site? Are there women who will not date you because Steve46 called you names? Do banks refuse to lend you money because steve46 called you names? Is it harder for you to find a job now that Steve46 has called you names? Is it just that your feelings are hurt and that is it? You need to prove loss in order to recover damages in a suit. What have you lost?
The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMouse For This Useful Post:
hermit (09-07-2013)
Old 05-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #3

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesmith »
I will accept an apology from steve46 as sufficient to resolve this.

If another week goes by without resolution then I am pursuing a legal solution to steve46 claiming I am a "crazy person". Libel is a felony.

You are aware you can't continue to enable someone to use TL as a platform for ongoing criminal activity, after it's been brought to your attn.

Onesmith, we've all been put down and rode over on this site and potentially done it to others, knowingly or not. Let it go, forget about it and become an accepted part of this community by doing so. The friendship and comradery found here far outweighs the bad and if you show yourself to be mature in this matter it'll only pay you back. All the best
4EverMaAT, Mysticforex and onemove like this.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #4

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmacdougall »
Onesmith, we've all been put down and rode over on this site and potentially done it to others, knowingly or not. Let it go, forget about it and become an accepted part of this community by doing so. The friendship and comradery found here far outweighs the bad and if you show yourself to be mature in this matter it'll only pay you back. All the best

Wow ! A breath of Fresh Air. Very true.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:47 AM   #5

Ignore this user

Hi guys, any legal notes should probably be in private messages. (However, I am not sure that legal action here is the best step!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticforex »
Wow ! A breath of Fresh Air. Very true.
Old 05-07-2013, 05:49 AM   #6

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLadmin »
Hi guys, any legal notes should probably be in private messages. (However, I am not sure that legal action here is the best step!!)
Or, if we keep this sort of thing in the public forums, you could arrange to have this added to the smilies:

BlueHorseshoe
Old 08-23-2013, 07:03 AM   #7

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmacdougall »
To assist in letting go, I recommend The 5 Levels of Attatchment: Toltec Wisdom for a Modern World by Don Miguel Ruiz Jr. It was just as good as The Four Agreements by his father.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4EverMaAT For This Useful Post:
Mysticforex (08-27-2013), onemove (08-23-2013)

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: