Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Support Center Have any questions regarding the site? Submit a support ticket here. Check this section for announcements also.

Like Tree22Likes
Old 06-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #9

Ignore this user

Thumbs down Re: Off Topic and Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMarketScientist »
Hi Members!

How much moderation do you all want on the threads? I've received a few recent 'complaints' that threads are getting off-topic too much. But on the flip-side, others have said they like the banter.

What does everyone else think? Please let me know here!

thanks,
MMS
I think the threads are fine - some good uns, some not so good uns - the answer is simple: Read what you want to read!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #10

Ignore this user

Re: Off Topic and Moderation

Quote:
How come you've got that award thingy under your name then?

I'm getting me some of those . . .

BlueHorseshoe
MadMarketScientist likes this.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #11

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by onesmith »
I disagree

Several months ago I lodged a complaint of Libel and management failed to make a reasonable attempt to abate this illegal activity.
Your feelings getting hurt is libel? You should desensitize a bit. You'll last longer.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:04 AM   #12

Ignore this user

My feelings weren't hurt. He's posted more personal attacks than anyone else in the history of Traders Lab. Libel is a recurring theme in his attacks.

The first time I called him out (on The Libel) he limited his emotional outbursts toward me and focused on others for a few months before the effect of my warning wore off. Then he resumed attacks upon me. Written allegations he knew were not true.

My support ticket in this section of the forum requesting management remove his forum access was censured. He's still a member and albeit a well behaved member since it's only a few months since the most recent episode but he's demonstrated he's unstable and relatively quickly returns to his old behavior.

It was wrong for management to censure the evidence in my request for support. The original support ticket should be reinstated. He should be removed from the forum and google should return this incident when people search for information. There is a lot that remains unsaid. He's a dishonest vendor. I'm not the least bit concerned about stating that in writing because I can prove it.

I offered to sign any and all waivers Traders Lab might require in which I would assume liability for consequences that might follow his removal from the forum. For instance if I was in any way negilgent or dishonest in presenting the case for his removal.

The idea it's best to handle things in private as suggested by DB and Soultrader is not true. MMS suggested the same to me and then proceeded to state best anyone at TL can do is suggest I use the ignore button.

To avoid needlessly assuming liability in the interim until a procedure is standardized, no matter how much any moderator dislikes somone continually pestering another user with the repetitive question .. Where are the bodies? I recommend TL not censure anyone except those determined to use the forum for illegal activity. The choice to censure one user instead of another could delay identifying a serial killer. Avoiding liability for these types of errors is the strongest case in favor of free speech.

If you know something is illegal you must act to abate it. If it's not illegal it's unwise to take any position because even though it's your sandbox where you can do as you please .. errors in this area and even errors based upon following the preference of a majority of users .. can pierce an otherwise sound corporate veil.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:35 AM   #13

Ignore this user

Thanked 1,661 Times in 1,010 Posts

Quote:
Hi Members!

How much moderation do you all want on the threads? I've received a few recent 'complaints' that threads are getting off-topic too much. But on the flip-side, others have said they like the banter.

thanks,
MMS
I had my posts deleted by a moderator because I disagreed with his view. I think that is wrong.

I don't know if this person is still a moderator, but I see he posts here once in awhile.
Old 06-10-2012, 03:46 AM   #14

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tams »
I had my posts deleted by a moderator because I disagreed with his view. I think that is wrong.

I don't know if this person is still a moderator, but I see he posts here once in awhile.
Hi,

I assure you that will never happen again. I am the only moderator and these are the guidelines I've been following:
1. no personal attacks
2. off topic posts *only* where others have complained directly to me

thx
MMS
Tams likes this.

Featured Brokers include:
NinjaTrader

Featured Services:
INO Trading Course
Old 06-10-2012, 03:54 AM   #15

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouse »
There is nothing wrong with speculating on the intent or integrity of another member of the site. In fact, you really should encourage the behavior. As a member of a trading community, do you want someone to suggest that he can on demand turn a 10000 account into a 200000 account in a year without getting put through the ringer?
I think it's great people question and debate - I don't when it turns into personal attacks when it doesn't need to (which happens way too often). Also, I feel if people don't agree with someone else's thread, they are doing a disservice to the entire community by hi-jacking it and taking it off-topic. I believe a better course of action is to ignore the thread and let the people who want to discuss whatever do it. I was always taught to mind my own business and if I don't have anything nice to say I shouldn't. Or at least to say it quickly and then go back to minding my own business.

MMS
SIUYA likes this.

Featured Brokers include:
NinjaTrader

Featured Services:
INO Trading Course
Old 06-10-2012, 06:40 AM   #16

Ignore this user

Quote:
Hi,

I assure you that will never happen again. I am the only moderator and these are the guidelines I've been following:
1. no personal attacks
2. off topic posts *only* where others have complained directly to me

thx
MMS

Hi MMS,

does 2. mean that you delete off-topic posts, if only one member complains about it?

Regards,
k

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: