Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Spread Betting Laboratory Discuss methods and techniques for spread betting and CDFs

Old 03-12-2012, 02:07 PM   #17

Ignore this user

Re: Any CFD Traders Here?

Lately I am interested in trading index cfds...would love to hear people's experiences with their brokers...tia
The Following User Says Thank You to Obsidian For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #18

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian »
Lately I am interested in trading index cfds...would love to hear people's experiences with their brokers...tia
CFD is a great solution for those who want to invest in commodities or even stock without the expense of a direct investment. The problem is that the spreads, liquidity and executions vary from each broker and this can affect your results. I found out that ECN brokers, which usually have better performance in forex trading, have the same advantage in CFD trading. I currently have two account at alpari and sunbirdfx, which both of them give great CFD trading experience.Good Luck !
Old 08-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #19

Ignore this user

Are people into CFD this year? So far, I can't see anyone using this anymore. Not really sure though if they are still around.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #20

Ignore this user

I do trade CFDs - one of the providers i use is saxobank. The advantage with them is that you can trade both shares and CFDs and in the past they used to allow me to use my shareholdings to act as collateral. The problem is that now they've upped margins sharply so when I've used most of the money in the account to buy shares it doesn't leave much room for opening CFD positions. And I find that pointless because what's the scope then; CFDs are intended to be a leveraged trading product but they're killing the leverage by their huge margins (yet the cheeky **** are happy to charge you financing charges everyday)

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: