Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

jim2000

Options Trades Today

One thing to be careful of when buying options for a swing play is the Implied Volatility. Note on Verisign the IV is at it's yearly high right now.

main___thinkorswim__build_985_-20071031-103034.jpg

They release earnings tomorrow and after that the IV will drop like a stone...always does. This is when you *could* start to lose all the time premium that's built into this close-to-expiry option.

ANR was a good buy volatility wise...but price action wise, for me...it's a little high. Could it keep going up? Absolutely it could! I'm always hesistant to buy new highs without a pullback. Buying on a gently increasing volume-down bar with a WRB may not be my style, but I'm sure it works for some.

Just a couple things I noticed with those plays.

Thanks TinGull for the critique. That's why I posted these trades to get some feedback. Also, personally, I would like to see yours and others trades to learn what others are doing and how.

Thanks again.

Sure,

this is one play I'm currently in. Small iron condor on the SPY with my short strikes at 158 and 143. Right now I've got about 10 days before I'd look to close out this trade (10 calendar days). If all goes as planned, it'd be around a 26% return on my risk for 25 days in the market for that particular trade.

I'm scouting out other candidates after this Fed decision today to put some DEC plays on in the coming week.

chart_station_-_parallels_desktop-20071031-123912.jpg

I think I prefer to sell rather than buy. I feel more comfortable. I can't seem to pick the direction a stock is going so by selling, the stock can move up or down and I don't care. I make money either way.

I am no good at picking the direction a stock will move.