Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

brownsfan019

OEC Trader Software Downloads

OEC trader by default has quite a bit built in but there are plug-ins for the software. To access these, log into your account online and then click Software Download on the right. From there you will see a screen like this:

attachment.php?attachmentid=16494&stc=1&d=1260547110

Thought I'd put that on the forum in case anyone wasn't aware of it.

5aa70f7f329e5_SoftwareDownloadScreen.png.983b9b62f8fbafe9f9aa392481c438a0.png

I am wondering if there is a way to get the OEC Demo to figure the commissions in to the P&L?

Not a big deal, I do this on my spreadsheet after wards, but if there was a way to have it show that, it might be nice.

just a thought...

I am wondering if there is a way to get the OEC Demo to figure the commissions in to the P&L?

No there isn't. Commissions are not fixed as tick values. They also depend on one's negotiation skills. But I would rather concentrate on realistic fills when using their Demo.

Not a big deal, I do this on my spreadsheet after wards, but if there was a way to have it show that, it might be nice.

just a thought...

That is currently not a function available in the software.

No there isn't. Commissions are not fixed as tick values. They also depend on one's negotiation skills. But I would rather concentrate on realistic fills when using their Demo.

I think their demo fills are pretty good. When I've demo'd larger blocks on the ES for example, many times the order is filled in increments - not all at once which is what some packages do.

I think their demo fills are pretty good. When I've demo'd larger blocks on the ES for example, many times the order is filled in increments - not all at once which is what some packages do.

Really? The last time I used their Demo I got instant fills on limit orders as soon as a price level was hit. Are you sure the Demo takes into account orders that are in front of yours? :confused:

just a thought...

Yes. Just ask them to factor in a commission. Once I factored in a commission of $30. That was alot of fun. If you're serious, I would shoot for $5 and thereabouts though.

Really? The last time I used their Demo I got instant fills on limit orders as soon as a price level was hit. Are you sure the Demo takes into account orders that are in front of yours? :confused:

Like I said, when I was playing around on the demo and throwing some larger blocks on the ES, I did not always get instant fills.

How many contracts were you trading on the demo when you got instant fills?

Like I said, when I was playing around on the demo and throwing some larger blocks on the ES, I did not always get instant fills.

How many contracts were you trading on the demo when you got instant fills?

I guess what you are describing as partial fills is because their Demo takes into account market orders that hit a certain price level - and it gives you fills depending on volumes. But to be realistic it has to take into account the order queue. Depending on the market this makes a huge difference.

I guess what you are describing as partial fills is because their Demo takes into account market orders that hit a certain price level - and it gives you fills depending on volumes. But to be realistic it has to take into account the order queue. Depending on the market this makes a huge difference.

Well, it's a demo. And it's better than many out there. I've seen plenty that fill you instantly on a touch and OEC's does not do that.

Other than that, there's not much else to say as it is a demo. It's meant to be used for testing and such.

When I installed the demo a day or so ago it seemed like most (if not all of these) were available by default in the installer...

Just putting it out there. Great to see them offering this kind of support. I'd love to use the market replay feature for sure.

Hi Brownsfan019

I'm searching for competitive broker to trade eminisp500 , after read your post about OEc ,

I've given a look on OEC site , chat with an assistant ,all seems ok,commisions are absolutely lower compared with my broker.

I'd ask you some questions :

minimun open account is 5K , but if after some time i have only , for instance 3K on my account , can i trade(ES) only intraday ?

if I want delete an order before its execution , must i pay some fee ?

If for some reason OEC servers go down and i cant close an order , what happen ?

thanks for reply

Edited by shrike
I've forgot to say thanks :)

Hi Brownsfan019

I'm searching for competitive broker to trade eminisp500 , after read your post about OEc ,

I've given a look on OEC site , chat with an assistant ,all seems ok,commisions are absolutely lower compared with my broker.

I'd ask you some questions :

minimun open account is 5K , but if after some time i have only , for instance 3K on my account , can i trade(ES) only intraday ?

if I want delete an order before its execution , must i pay some fee ?

If for some reason OEC servers go down and i cant close an order , what happen ?

thanks for reply

Will do my best to answer here, but keep in mind contact OEC directly to make sure what I've presented here is correct for your situation. I am a US resident, so I can only speak to my experiences.

Dropping below the $5k account opening min: I have no idea if you can continue to trade if you are below the $5k minimum. I believe you can, but could be wrong.

Fees for changing orders: for the markets that I trade, there are no fees for changing orders. I am trading the US markets.

Servers down and can't close order: If I can not get out of a trade on my end, I call OEC immediately. This does not happen often and they are good about executing the trades.

Please keep in mind that I am providing this information to you based on my personal experiences.

Yours may vary greatly from what I've described here and it's in your best interest to confirm all information presented here and any forum for that matter.

Hi Brownsfan019

thanks for the quickly reply , i've asked these information on onlihelp and they've told me same things :) .

for your personal experience when you call OEC they reply quickly enough ?

Hi Brownsfan019

thanks for the quickly reply , i've asked these information on onlihelp and they've told me same things :) .

for your personal experience when you call OEC they reply quickly enough ?

Here's what I've found in response time at OEC:

1) Calls - usually answer fairly quickly

2) Support tickets (in your online back office) - usually replied to the same day, sometimes fairly quickly

3) Regular emails - usually get a reply, but not always same day.

There is also a chat function built into the software that you can chat with a broker. That is a very nice function IMO. That is usually very quick response time as well.

Hi :)

I'm sorry to annoy you again but i need an help about orders with DOM.

When i place an order, I would have the possibility to insert already stop loss ,both i go long or short .

I've seen bracket orders but i haven't yet fully understood how they work.

simply when i buy or i sell, together and immediatly at the exchange must be send the stop loss order.

This because if my pc or my connection stop to work . i'm sure i can exit from the market if it turns against me.

:beer:

thanks

Hi :)

I'm sorry to annoy you again but i need an help about orders with DOM.

When i place an order, I would have the possibility to insert already stop loss ,both i go long or short .

I've seen bracket orders but i haven't yet fully understood how they work.

simply when i buy or i sell, together and immediatly at the exchange must be send the stop loss order.

This because if my pc or my connection stop to work . i'm sure i can exit from the market if it turns against me.

thanks

If I understood your question correctly, you wanted to know how to put in a bracket order so you had an automatic stop loss entered when you put in an order.

Click on the little triangle symbol at the top of the DOM. This opens up the bracket selection options at the bottom of the DOM. Then just select what you want.

attachment.php?attachmentid=19263&stc=1&d=1266241657

5aa70fd069de2_2-15-20101.png.b0cffaf2e6e563936a7b1102e71a257d.png

Hi Dinerotrade

thanks for reply :)

I'm testing Demo version ,I've seen this features but i haven't fully understood yet the difference between sell limit and sell stop ? I must tick each box ,or only one ?

I 've seen in the manual but it isn't very clear ,or better i don't understand English well :(

Hi Dinerotrade

thanks for reply :)

I'm testing Demo version ,I've seen this features but i haven't fully understood yet the difference between sell limit and sell stop ? I must tick each box ,or only one ?

I 've seen in the manual but it isn't very clear ,or better i don't understand English well :(

Manual isn't that great. You can tick on one box or both depends if you want automatic exits on both the loss and profit side. Use the Buy limit and Sell limit for your exit for taking profit. Use Buy stop and Sell stop for setting your stop loss exits. Play around with them and they will start to make sense. I don't normally have profit target exits sitting out on the DOM so I don't use buy limit and sell limits when I bracket.

Thanks Dinerotrade

you have clarified me exactly what i was searching .

I haven't one profit target , i prefer exit not in automatic but manage my position .

instead is very important have a stop loss ,IMHO,that works in automatic and stands at the exchange, in order to prevent huge loss if i can't connecting or i lost the connection.

thanks fot help me

OEC and stops. A continuing question.

just started using it - and yes the manuals are crap.... understandable while systems are expanding, but these are not great - I just wish developers would use examples - then things might be clearer. I and I am sure others always find the myriad of stops, brackets, trailing jargon different for every system, and examples usually make it clearer.

With the trailing stop and the factor level.....does the factor level tell the DOM WHEN to move the stop or does it tell it by HOW MUCH to move the stop...???

eg; if the order is long 1 contract at 137.50 and the buy stop is set at a factor of .1, with the trailing stop set at a factor of .02. (Then when you enter a buy stop below the market, lets say at 137.44, then the DOM knows not to sell below 137.34 if the stop is triggered.)

If the price moves up by .02 to 137.52 then the stop level will also move up by .02, so by the time the price trades at 137.6 the stop should now be at 137.50, if the price has only traded up to 137.59, the stop will be at 137.48.

OR does the stop only move up by point .01 when the price moves by point .02.???

I ask as while I did use the DEMO, once you open an account with OEC you no longer have access to a DEMO account in order to try things and test them.....you have to use real money. I stupidly would have assumed they may have had a paper trading/demo account with the live version as well. I am a bit sick of testing systems with live money, but that seems to be the only option here once you have a live account. This will also apply if they introduce new upgrades as well.

Thanks. for those who are a bit more up to scratch with the system.

DD - I don't know the answer to your question off hand as I do not use that function, but send a support ticket and request a demo extension so you can test this stuff out w/o real money on the line. If that does not work, send me a PM.

I did send an email to OEC - their first response is we offer the demo for $25pm _ I thought fair enough - I would have thought they might have offered it as an extra account in their system for those traders who pay them more than $25pm brokerage (yesterday I paid way more than that) I guess it all depends on their business model, I have not heard back from as yet. So who knows. As I mentioned I get a little tired of using real money to test or try new systems thats all.

So far I like OEC, except the poor documentation... eg - is there stuff on their back testing and replay features in anything?

Maybe I will just write my own.