Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Moyyim

Major Problem with OEC Today

Yes,

For the last half hour, I have been unable to maintain connection with the brokerage. Fortunately I have no positions on, however this is the last in a series of problems (for me).

My experience is simply that these folks are not motivated to maintain the business....my reports of difficulties get kicked to the next person who makes some lame excuse (we cannot find a problem in our logs and we have no report of problems like yours)....

I think I have given OEC plenty of opportunity to get their act together. This has been happening over a period of about 6 months.....so I will remove the account now. Too bad

Good luck everyone

Steve

OK so now (almost an hour later) I have established connection to the brokerage software

I am able to connect to the website however when trying to connect via phone to customer service all I get is a busy signal.

I think that about covers it..

Naturally I won't be trading through this broker again

Steve46: please could you tell me if I can trust trade position window in Sierra Chart, which does not show any waiting orders in spite of I have one there during OEC´s problem...i can not called them, same problem as you have..i am very worried

Hello

Sorry but I did not see your post until just a short while ago.

I was able to contact OEC by phone just now...You should be able to verify your position and close any open orders....

I suggest you verify your order status ASAP

Good luck

Steve

I saw that mess today. I just use them for data. Would never put my cash at risk here. Someone in the technology ranks at this place needs their cage rattled. There has been quite a few major probs over the last several months that presumably has cost them dearly. Hope you all could get out of your positions safely. Doesn't Schwab own them now??

Yeah that outage was not fun at all. That was a bad one for sure.

I saw that mess today. I just use them for data. Would never put my cash at risk here. Someone in the technology ranks at this place needs their cage rattled. There has been quite a few major probs over the last several months that presumably has cost them dearly. Hope you all could get out of your positions safely. Doesn't Schwab own them now??

What major probs over the last several months are you referring to? I have not had an issue prior to the outage this week. As a matter of fact on ET we were talking about how long it has been since an issue.

Guess this was a bad week as Think or Swim / TD Ameritrade was down today.

And yes, Schwab now owns Options Xpress which bought OEC.

Yeah that outage was not fun at all. That was a bad one for sure.

What major probs over the last several months are you referring to? I have not had an issue prior to the outage this week. As a matter of fact on ET we were talking about how long it has been since an issue.

Guess this was a bad week as Think or Swim / TD Ameritrade was down today.

And yes, Schwab now owns Options Xpress which bought OEC.

brownsfan019 - you seem to be 'associated' with them so:

Their data feed sucks, I am moving my account even though I will have to trade through NT (I prefer SC). Yes I am far away from their servers but I do not have such bad delays with other providers (TT, CQG- is the best).

So I recommend to anyone reading this to walk away = do not let poor offering spoil your trading. You need to trust your data and platform; do you trust OEC data feed ? ASK yourself this question.

Their data feed sucks, I am moving my account even though I will have to trade through NT (I prefer SC). Yes I am far away from their servers but I do not have such bad delays with other providers (TT, CQG- is the best).

So I recommend to anyone reading this to walk away = do not let poor offering spoil your trading. You need to trust your data and platform; do you trust OEC data feed ? ASK yourself this question.

Just for what it's worth, I have been using OEC for a few years and have had no problems...

I´ve been noticing several problems for half a year.

E.g. on Friday 7th October, US time 14:10 - 14:56 I miss data for RLM-MZ1 (emini Russell 2000) How about you? I also have lost connection during the day and friday´s problem isn not the only one.

Does anybody write them, ask some questions about that? What is the replay, if so?

To the previous poster in answer to your question

I did ask about the "outage"....the person (customer service rep) I spoke to was NOT willing to go into detail. When asked about the recent problem all that he would say was that it was an "Internet outage"? At the end of our brief conversation the gentleman suggested that I keep the 24 hour number at hand "just in case".....(that inspires confidence doesn't it).

we all know he gets a check from them every week. I pulled all my money out a while back after doing a little research and realizing there's been a lot of chatter about outages, the russian trader scam, and the failure to supervise. Good luck...I'm out.

24 hour number is simply a trading number - all they'll confirm that is fine on their end.

If you do not do anything nothing will happen and they will happily ignore you. they(OptionXpress owing OEC) are too big for customers like us.