Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Money Management Risk and money management related topics.

Like Tree6Likes
Old 10-08-2012, 06:32 AM   #17

Ignore this user

Re: Trading Account Management Discussion

...and basically, the more you can lay off risk, the more stable your equity curve will be. The more stable your equity curve is, the quicker and safer you can scale your strategy up in terms of your clip size. 3 lot turns to 10 lot turns to 50 lot etc. and so your account ratchets up quite quickly.
roztom likes this.

TheNegotiator.

Sovereign Debt Yield Spreads

To contribute is to learn. Don't be that student who always sits at the back of the class.

Day Trading the E-mini Futures
- Discussing and trading the E-minis every day!

Bigger Picture in E-minis Discussion
- Tryin' to see the wood for the trees ;)
Old 08-28-2013, 03:49 AM   #18

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegotiator »
I had a quick look at what was on TL already and there seems to be a reasonable amount. If anyone has a particularly useful thread to add, please post it. Anyway, I came up with this one from James, the founder of TL. Pretty useful post really. 12 replies. 12 flippin' replies. I'm not surprised but it does seem somewhat of a shame. But there you go.
I believe most are looking for the magic not the reality. Facing the facts would errode the dream of placing positions while sipping a cocktale on tropical beach from the laptop.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #19

Ignore this user

Smile Re: Trading Account Management Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72black »
I believe most are looking for the magic not the reality. Facing the facts would errode the dream of placing positions while sipping a cocktale on tropical beach from the laptop.
This statement provides a me to think from another angle. Thanks.
I just have a simple question about MM and market. Does the MM lead the trades in market or the trades in the market lead the MM? If the MM leads your trades, you probably can control your risks more efficiently, but if your trades attached to market leads MM(I assume that you are a very talent trader), you probably can have a chance to max. your profit? Am I right? Well, maybe it very depend on your current situation. If you are a fund account manager, learned to MM is very important, but if you are Mr. buffet in young, will he handle the situation as fund manager? Just think it from another angle, cheers.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #20

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmck6167 »
This statement provides a me to think from another angle. Thanks.
I just have a simple question about MM and market. Does the MM lead the trades in market or the trades in the market lead the MM? If the MM leads your trades, you probably can control your risks more efficiently, but if your trades attached to market leads MM(I assume that you are a very talent trader), you probably can have a chance to max. your profit? Am I right? Well, maybe it very depend on your current situation. If you are a fund account manager, learned to MM is very important, but if you are Mr. buffet in young, will he handle the situation as fund manager? Just think it from another angle, cheers.
I use % rule, no more than 3% of account at any one time. So, if I perceive a trade to be highly probable (who knows that anyway? but it's in my rules) I will risk as much as 3% of account. But, for example, I may place 3 trades on so theoretically I could have 1% per position.

To answer your question, MM controls my actions as should any trader.

For example, when I first began trading I ran my account too low to trade so I withdrew my funds closed the account & reevaluated my trading short & long term systems & most of all myself. Once soughted I opened an account.

Hope this answers your question.
The Following User Says Thank You to 72black For This Useful Post:
wmck6167 (08-29-2013)
Old 08-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #21

Ignore this user

Cool Re: Trading Account Management Discussion

"........To answer your question, MM controls my actions as should any trader. ........"

Is there anyone using trades which is interacted with market to lead money management? I just curious. Thanks.

Last edited by wmck6167; 08-29-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:10 PM   #22

Ignore this user

Not sure this is a proper topic to ask, but I'm gonna risk it and ask nevertheless.

I have a question about rich investors and how they search for investment opportunities.

Where/how do they get their information about start-ups and companies in general? Do they have their own personal analysts writing reports for them, or do they simply use the internet like everyone else and do some googling?

What would be the exact job title of someone working for a rich investor, something like information analyst?

Tags
money management, position sizing, risk

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: