Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

The Marketplace Buy, sell, trade. No commercial vendors allowed!

Like Tree4Likes
Reply
Old 03-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #1

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5
Ignore this user

Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Jim Dalton's "Field of Vision"

Hi All,

I have decided to finally sell my original copy of Jim Dalton's "Field of Vision" - after watching it so many times that I know it off by heart!

Less than half price... currently on my Ebay page here,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1208853583...#ht_526wt_1336

Many Thanks
Sidhartha is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sidhartha For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2012, 06:50 PM   #2

MightyMouse's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Lumber Yard
Posts: 2,335
Ignore this user

Thanks: 82
Thanked 599 Times in 444 Posts

Re: Jim Dalton's "Field of Vision"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidhartha »
Hi All,

I have decided to finally sell my original copy of Jim Dalton's "Field of Vision" - after watching it so many times that I know it off by heart!

Less than half price... currently on my Ebay page here,

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Many Thanks
I bought a monitor which had a shorter base than the other 2 that I had. I used Jim Dalton's book, "Mind Over Markets", to even out the monitors. It is now so useful, I would never sell it. I will keep your Field of vision in mind if I decide to get another monitor that I need to even out. Would you mind telling me how thick it is? I think the book would be appropriately named too.
MightyMouse is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMouse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2012, 06:57 PM   #3

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5
Ignore this user

Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Re: Jim Dalton's "Field of Vision"

Funny, because I rate Jim's books as 2 of about 8 books I'd ever want to keep. Go figure. Different strokers I guess.

For example, I think VSA is largely complete nonsense. You don't.

Last edited by Sidhartha; 03-26-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Sidhartha is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sidhartha For This Useful Post:
Old 03-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #4

MightyMouse's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Lumber Yard
Posts: 2,335
Ignore this user

Thanks: 82
Thanked 599 Times in 444 Posts

Re: Jim Dalton's "Field of Vision"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidhartha »
Funny, because I rate Jim's books as 2 of about 8 books I'd ever want to keep. Go figure. Different strokers I guess.

For example, I think VSA is largely complete nonsense. You don't.
Not sure where you got the notion that I support VSA.
MightyMouse is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMouse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2012, 02:15 PM   #5

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,037
Ignore this user

Thanks: 231
Thanked 217 Times in 155 Posts

Re: Jim Dalton's "Field of Vision"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouse »
I bought a monitor which had a shorter base than the other 2 that I had. I used Jim Dalton's book, "Mind Over Markets", to even out the monitors. It is now so useful, I would never sell it. I will keep your Field of vision in mind if I decide to get another monitor that I need to even out. Would you mind telling me how thick it is? I think the book would be appropriately named too.
I almost passed out when I read this... now I know what I should have done with all the trading books I donated to the book fairs..
__________________
Regards...Tom

"Nothing To It But To Do It"
roztom is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roztom For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2012, 09:36 PM   #6

MightyMouse's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Lumber Yard
Posts: 2,335
Ignore this user

Thanks: 82
Thanked 599 Times in 444 Posts

Re: Jim Dalton's "Field of Vision"

Quote:
Originally Posted by roztom »
I almost passed out when I read this... now I know what I should have done with all the trading books I donated to the book fairs..
BTW, nothing against MP, which has its place in trading. Dalton simply tried to make more of it than he should have and wrote about topics that he really wasn't qualified to write about.
MightyMouse is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMouse For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2012, 03:44 AM   #7

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 5
Ignore this user

Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts

Re: Jim Dalton's "Field of Vision"

At the end of the day, that's just opinion.

Every trader has to find their own narrative to explain why the markets do what they do, and to justify their trading decisions. No educator will give you your complete narrative any more than anyone posting at a forum will.

Whether you agree or disagree with some of things Jim says is irrelevant frankly. The questions to answer are, is there value in what Jim is teaching as a whole, and is he a good educator. I would personally, resoundingly, answer yes to those questions. For me he's one of the two best educators I have come across.

You may be working out that you're not talking to some newbie despite my lack of posts here. I was trading for 12 years institutionally and now 6 years trading my own money.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm generally too busy, and little inclined, to post on threads that really have no direct relevance to me.
Sidhartha is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sidhartha For This Useful Post:
Old 04-08-2012, 07:55 AM   #8

MightyMouse's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Lumber Yard
Posts: 2,335
Ignore this user

Thanks: 82
Thanked 599 Times in 444 Posts

Re: Jim Dalton's "Field of Vision"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidhartha »
At the end of the day, that's just opinion.

Every trader has to find their own narrative to explain why the markets do what they do, and to justify their trading decisions. No educator will give you your complete narrative any more than anyone posting at a forum will.

Whether you agree or disagree with some of things Jim says is irrelevant frankly. The questions to answer are, is there value in what Jim is teaching as a whole, and is he a good educator. I would personally, resoundingly, answer yes to those questions. For me he's one of the two best educators I have come across.

You may be working out that you're not talking to some newbie despite my lack of posts here. I was trading for 12 years institutionally and now 6 years trading my own money.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm generally too busy, and little inclined, to post on threads that really have no direct relevance to me.
I took part in a series of weekly webinars hosted by Jim. It was the last time I wasted money on an educator. His track record was 100% on the trades that he took that he reported after the fact to the group. But, he would never go on the hook by leaving us with a trade idea to use. Every time we asked what to expect for the coming week, he would always be vague and uncertain. However, the chart he would post of his trade showed pin point accuracy at the high or low, but it was all after the fact. It was obvious that he was afraid that he would be wrong and lose credibility with the group. His goal was not to teach us anything; instead, he needed to keep us beielving that he was good so that we would buy his next product or service.

Each webinar meeting he would put up a bar chart and locate a gap that may have been left from prior trading activity and he would suggest that no matter how small the gap, traders would move the market to that gap to fill it. This was, of course, all after the fact information. it was odd that virtually nothing we covered had anything to do with MP. He would spend a lot of time advertising his next up and coming seminar product. I was irritated that I spent money so that he could advertise to me.

His sidekick then called and called to try to get me to attend a much more expensive trading event. To the tune of $10,000 for one week.

The above is not my opinion. It is fact. If you wish to not learn from my experience that is your prerogative. A lot of people invest large sums of money on trading education and then continue to justify the expense because admitting that it was a complete waste of time and money would mean that they would have to admit that they were scammed and that would be a blow to their psyche.

With your 12 years of experience, it is my opinion that, you should have learned to tell the difference between and educator and a bullshitting con man. I will agree that he is one of the 2 biggest bullshitters and will agree that you will learn nothing that you could not have learned here on these threads. But I suppose some learn at different paces than others.
MightyMouse is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMouse For This Useful Post:
spartacus (01-20-2017)

Reply

Tags
jim dalton, market profile

Thread Tools
Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread:

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Level the Playing Field: Measuring Results Using R Multiples robertm Money Management 2 07-27-2011 08:00 AM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 AM.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CS to VB integration by DeskLancer
2006-2011 Traders Laboratory, All Rights Reserved.