Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Sidhartha

Jim Dalton's "Field of Vision"

Hi All,

I have decided to finally sell my original copy of Jim Dalton's "Field of Vision" - after watching it so many times that I know it off by heart!

Less than half price... currently on my Ebay page here,

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Many Thanks

I bought a monitor which had a shorter base than the other 2 that I had. I used Jim Dalton's book, "Mind Over Markets", to even out the monitors. It is now so useful, I would never sell it. I will keep your Field of vision in mind if I decide to get another monitor that I need to even out. Would you mind telling me how thick it is? I think the book would be appropriately named too.

Funny, because I rate Jim's books as 2 of about 8 books I'd ever want to keep. Go figure. Different strokers I guess.

For example, I think VSA is largely complete nonsense. You don't.

Edited by Sidhartha

Funny, because I rate Jim's books as 2 of about 8 books I'd ever want to keep. Go figure. Different strokers I guess.

For example, I think VSA is largely complete nonsense. You don't.

Not sure where you got the notion that I support VSA.

I bought a monitor which had a shorter base than the other 2 that I had. I used Jim Dalton's book, "Mind Over Markets", to even out the monitors. It is now so useful, I would never sell it. I will keep your Field of vision in mind if I decide to get another monitor that I need to even out. Would you mind telling me how thick it is? I think the book would be appropriately named too.

I almost passed out when I read this... now I know what I should have done with all the trading books I donated to the book fairs.. :doh:

I almost passed out when I read this... now I know what I should have done with all the trading books I donated to the book fairs.. :doh:

BTW, nothing against MP, which has its place in trading. Dalton simply tried to make more of it than he should have and wrote about topics that he really wasn't qualified to write about.

At the end of the day, that's just opinion.

Every trader has to find their own narrative to explain why the markets do what they do, and to justify their trading decisions. No educator will give you your complete narrative any more than anyone posting at a forum will.

Whether you agree or disagree with some of things Jim says is irrelevant frankly. The questions to answer are, is there value in what Jim is teaching as a whole, and is he a good educator. I would personally, resoundingly, answer yes to those questions. For me he's one of the two best educators I have come across.

You may be working out that you're not talking to some newbie despite my lack of posts here. I was trading for 12 years institutionally and now 6 years trading my own money.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm generally too busy, and little inclined, to post on threads that really have no direct relevance to me.

At the end of the day, that's just opinion.

Every trader has to find their own narrative to explain why the markets do what they do, and to justify their trading decisions. No educator will give you your complete narrative any more than anyone posting at a forum will.

Whether you agree or disagree with some of things Jim says is irrelevant frankly. The questions to answer are, is there value in what Jim is teaching as a whole, and is he a good educator. I would personally, resoundingly, answer yes to those questions. For me he's one of the two best educators I have come across.

You may be working out that you're not talking to some newbie despite my lack of posts here. I was trading for 12 years institutionally and now 6 years trading my own money.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm generally too busy, and little inclined, to post on threads that really have no direct relevance to me.

I took part in a series of weekly webinars hosted by Jim. It was the last time I wasted money on an educator. His track record was 100% on the trades that he took that he reported after the fact to the group. But, he would never go on the hook by leaving us with a trade idea to use. Every time we asked what to expect for the coming week, he would always be vague and uncertain. However, the chart he would post of his trade showed pin point accuracy at the high or low, but it was all after the fact. It was obvious that he was afraid that he would be wrong and lose credibility with the group. His goal was not to teach us anything; instead, he needed to keep us beielving that he was good so that we would buy his next product or service.

Each webinar meeting he would put up a bar chart and locate a gap that may have been left from prior trading activity and he would suggest that no matter how small the gap, traders would move the market to that gap to fill it. This was, of course, all after the fact information. it was odd that virtually nothing we covered had anything to do with MP. He would spend a lot of time advertising his next up and coming seminar product. I was irritated that I spent money so that he could advertise to me.

His sidekick then called and called to try to get me to attend a much more expensive trading event. To the tune of $10,000 for one week.

The above is not my opinion. It is fact. If you wish to not learn from my experience that is your prerogative. A lot of people invest large sums of money on trading education and then continue to justify the expense because admitting that it was a complete waste of time and money would mean that they would have to admit that they were scammed and that would be a blow to their psyche.

With your 12 years of experience, it is my opinion that, you should have learned to tell the difference between and educator and a bullshitting con man. I will agree that he is one of the 2 biggest bullshitters and will agree that you will learn nothing that you could not have learned here on these threads. But I suppose some learn at different paces than others.

The best educators are most often not the best traders. That's one thing most people in the trading community struggle to get their heads around. How many times have I heard "yeah well buddy, if you know so much how come you are not trading for yourself and making millions!!!". Typical retail trader mentality. I personally believe the two are very different skills.

Anyway, sorry you didn't get anything from it. I do agree with you that education has it's limits though. I have paid for very few & very selective pieces of eduction in the past - but you have to be darn sure what you are getting suits your style of trading, and does have some basis or narrative that you believe.

Anyway, case closed. End of thread.

Happy Easter!