Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

psudan

Cisco-futures SC2 Course or Alexander Trading

Hi,

I have been trading MP and AMT for a year and although I have basic knowledge acquired through JD's books MOM &MIP, webinars and hours of screening. I would like to build a strong foundation in order to fully understand the business and develop my own setup ( no prior trading experience, went straight to MP) and Cisco-futures SC2 course seems a good place to do so.

I like:

The structured course over 8 months, exercise, follow up, etc...

Don Jones was there right at the start

Price

I don't like

Use of their tools, I am use to MarketDelta don't really want to change!

The overall feeling that everything is out dated, website, tools, probably the course support which I have not seen, not talking so much about the content but the way it is presented. Not very appealing.

No use of Foot Print

At the moment the CONS are taking over the PROS and I am looking for recent, honest review/feedback.

As an alternative I have been looking at Alexander Trading, in this case the concept is the usual DVD,video courses and live trading room. Here as well the recent reviews are basically none existent.

I would love to hear from you, if you have any recent experience with any of the above 2.

Thanks,

Phil

Yes, I know of Tom and have heard him explain his approach on several occasions. He is skilled person, however you should be aware that his room and his services are really meant for experienced traders...I have heard him say that a couple of times.

Now there is a lot of personal bias here and I admit it, but I suggest that before you make a decison to go with a system that is purely MP, you may want to take a step back, and take a long look at the environment...I started with MP many long years ago and it was fine...I made money, BUT the drawdowns were significant and the systematic approach (in my opinion) lost some of its validity as makets and professionals started to 1. front run the entries and 2. started to make their decisons based on balance/imbalance and on retail/wholesale value instead of just MP "value"....Today...what works is supply/demand combined with other data elements (you can learn more about these elements by reading my thread "An Institutional Look at the S&P Futures")

Knowing what I know today, I would use MP value areas as ONE of my primary data elements but I would also be using other things to make my decisions.

By the way, I also used Market Delta for a while...and I learned how to read the footprint charts pretty well...unfortunately once that system because widely used, particpants learned to game it, and now if you use it to time your entries, what you will often find is that you enter using the MD system, and then the market will simply die on you and oscillate until it shakes you out...Fortunately you can do other things with it, but for me the value proposition just wasn't compelling...I like CQG and Esignal...( I think Tom uses CQG)

Hope some of this helps

Steve

Hi,

I have been trading MP and AMT for a year and although I have basic knowledge acquired through JD's books MOM &MIP, webinars and hours of screening. I would like to build a strong foundation in order to fully understand the business and develop my own setup ( no prior trading experience, went straight to MP) and Cisco-futures SC2 course seems a good place to do so.

Thanks,

Phil

Don Jones had a free webinar in the IOAMT chat room promoting his new software. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but Mr. Jones admitted that he stopped taking live trades in the late 80’s.

I was in Tom’s chat room for its inaugural week (it was free). He took trades.

Dalton likes to explain the current inventory levels as too long or too short. I have found the cumulative delta method taught by FulcrumTrader VERY valuable in determining inventory levels in real time.

IOAMT is a great chat room to learn the footprint chart, although I only go in when it is free. :)

I take a little from everyone. Being married to one methodology can be hazardous to your health in this business. I learned that the hard way.

Good luck,

dVL

I have been through the Don Jones course and have been working with Tom Alexander for several years now. Tom's methodology is very similar to Don Jones and in fact Tom states that the core of his methodology is derived from Don Jones. Tom uses CQG as do a number of the traders but many others use Market Delta or Investor RT (i personally use RT). I use a combination of market profile and bar charts and/or candlestick charts but still subscribe to the methodology of Auction Market Theory that is taught by Done Jones and Tom Alexander.

I have subscribed to other educational websites before and there was some worthwhile information but mostly I just lost money. The training provided by Alexander trading is excellent and you can really develop and understanding of the Auction Market Theory and apply it to multiple markets. The other "pro" is there is no pushing of indicators. The drawback is the methodology is not easy and it does take some time to really grasp it.

Hi,

I like:

The structured course over 8 months, exercise, follow up, etc...

Don Jones was there right at the start

Price

I don't like

Use of their tools, I am use to MarketDelta don't really want to change!

The overall feeling that everything is out dated, website, tools, probably the course support which I have not seen, not talking so much about the content but the way it is presented. Not very appealing.

No use of Foot Print

At the moment the CONS are taking over the PROS and I am looking for recent, honest review/feedback.

As an alternative I have been looking at Alexander Trading, in this case the concept is the usual DVD,video courses and live trading room. Here as well the recent reviews are basically none existent.

I would love to hear from you, if you have any recent experience with any of the above 2.

Thanks,

Phil

I have been through Don Jones course and have been working with Tom Alexander for several years now. The core of Tom Alexander's methodology is based on the work of Don Jones. I think you pretty much nailed in the "cons" of Don Jones. The core of what he is presenting is solid but a lot of the software and such is pretty dated but the price is very reasonable. Tom uses CQG and a few of the traders do as well. Quite a few others use Market Delta and other use Investor RT. I personally use Investor RT and use a combination of market profile, bar charts and candlestick charts. I don't use the footprint chart but some of the other traders do use the footprint--personal preference.

I have found the educational service and support provided by Alexander Trading to be high quality. I have subscribed to other educational services in the past and learned a few things but mostly lost money. The core of AMT as taught by Tom is really similar to Don Jones just more robust and up to date. I use the methodology for a combination of day and swing trading where others use it more strictly for day trading and still others use with option strategies.

The "con" to Alexander trading is that it does take awhile to really grasp the AMT and use it to trade well (that is probably true of any methodology). You are not buying some indicators and waiting for them to give you a signal you are trying to gain a better understanding of the movement of the markets and that does take awhile.

I've been member there for almost 3 years and I finally gave up. There is value in what he teaching but he deliberately evasive about details. I can't tell if he really trade or not but he withhold specifics so EVERYBODY continue to struggle and need his "next course." Are always just one course or "mentoring package" away from being given keys to the kingdom. He is really sharp salesperson I'll give him that.

Is more about sales and marketing than he is actually teaching people what they need to know. He talks good game, always puffing himself up and promising things that he never gets around to delivering. Total BS'er.

Also, their chat room was biggest waste of time I've ever seen. Nothing but "there's the russell making a new high" and other useless crap like that. You never see them committing to anything.

They have a $2000 course that's not bad but just do a google search for

Alexander Trading New Foundations

and you'll find everything you need to check it out. I definitely regret time I wasted with that company.

I've been member there for almost 3 years and I finally gave up. There is value in what he teaching but he deliberately evasive about details. I can't tell if he really trade or not but he withhold specifics so EVERYBODY continue to struggle and need his "next course." Are always just one course or "mentoring package" away from being given keys to the kingdom. He is really sharp salesperson I'll give him that.

Is more about sales and marketing than he is actually teaching people what they need to know. He talks good game, always puffing himself up and promising things that he never gets around to delivering. Total BS'er.

Also, their chat room was biggest waste of time I've ever seen. Nothing but "there's the russell making a new high" and other useless crap like that. You never see them committing to anything.

and you'll find everything you need to check it out. I definitely regret time I wasted with that company.

In comparison, Don Jones' training is 800 for 8 months, material and 15 minutes weekly Q&A session included. Looks like not many people in here have gone thru it.

The web site might not be very glamorous, but the content is sound.

Only con for me so far is if one must work but with their proprietary tools .