Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Market Profile Are you a market profile trader? Post here.

Like Tree5Likes
Old 05-21-2010, 02:07 PM   #113

Ignore this user

Re: Order Flow Analytics

Thanks blowfish, and yes if there is a debate over bid-ask vs uptick-downtick then i will take a side of uptick-downtick, i dont believe bid-ask order directly affect the price structure, other time frame traders ( which are the most influencial one to change the shape of a profile ) trades on higher time frame & logically they will wait on bid rather than hitting the ask price aggressively, yes bid-ask has a value but mostly for quants who uses the imbalance in a flash. Whereas uptick-downtick itself is the product of price movement so is more reliable market induced information imho.
The Following User Says Thank You to alex_laxya For This Useful Post:
cunparis (05-22-2010)
Old 05-21-2010, 02:26 PM   #114

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandxg »
OFA has a proprietary calculation its not 6 tick reversal, but 6 ticks work pretty well so does 6 range. Take the demo, they are pretty nice guys. I just refuse to pay $2500 for their education class to use their software to learn what I learning for alot less from IOAMT. Some of OFA's set ups are the same as IOAMT they wait for a high volume spike at low or high then when those traders are upside down they fade em'. You can get a few ideas from watching tradersforce on you tube also.
compulsory boot-camp with fee of 2500$ means they dont target there s/w for experience traders. Thanks for the reviews.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:17 PM   #115

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by FulcrumTrader »
I was also a user of the NT/Zenfire feed for back up bid/ask data work, but I myself no longer use this set up.
Hi FulcrumTrader:
Lately my tradestation data delivery has been problematic and also the charts have been freezing. Please, what platform/data feeds are you using? I'm in the market.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:41 AM   #116

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by trade-samarai »
Hi FulcrumTrader:
Lately my tradestation data delivery has been problematic and also the charts have been freezing. Please, what platform/data feeds are you using? I'm in the market.
I am familiar with Fulcrums posts let me see if I can help, in the meantime. Fulcrum uses, last time I read, DTN IQ NX core, with Investor RT. Most would be fine with IQ feed regular. You could try Market Delta, very similar, for free, for 30 days but doesn't store historical data. tradestation is notorious for bottlenecking on high volume bursts.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:16 AM   #117

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_laxya »
they will wait on bid rather than hitting the ask price aggressively
Can you explain this further? Are you saying they will put a limit order on the bid and let the offer come to them?
Old 05-22-2010, 04:57 AM   #118

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunparis »
Can you explain this further? Are you saying they will put a limit order on the bid and let the offer come to them?
Totally, thats what i mean, most of the time when we see market holding on support on low volume this thing happens, but it doesnt mean they always give limit orders below the actual price, volatility need to be consider as well, in high volatility environment OTT (other timeframe traders ) wont wait but rather hit the ask price, you see thats what i mean so many ifs & buts to the extent of curve fitting the vague theory. In market profile we say responsive buying by other time frame traders, they pounce on the opportunity when they think value is reasonable thats the tendency of smart auction player so why would OTT always hit the market price OR ask price ?
Old 05-22-2010, 05:30 AM   #119

Ignore this user

Thanked 1,065 Times in 702 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_laxya »
compulsory boot-camp with fee of 2500$ means they dont target there s/w for experience traders. Thanks for the reviews.
Indeed.

I really quite like what they are doing. If I could just buy the software for a grand I probably would. There pricing model is weird, 10 bucks a month per extra instrument? 500 (or whatever it is) if you want clusters shaded? Kinda crazy and firmly in the "lets make a living out of education and software". Another concerned is that just because there are no parameters exposed there clearly things that could/should be. It is a dark grey box that may well need tuning for different markets or conditions.
The Following User Says Thank You to BlowFish For This Useful Post:
alex_laxya (05-22-2010)
Old 05-22-2010, 06:30 AM   #120

Ignore this user

I could come up with only two possible reasons for this weird thing, they are paranoid of some one might crack it if they keep their s/w for demo without controlling who is downloading it. Second reason could be ..One guy who is using it told its pure vanilla s/w no indicators could be backtested in Ninja. If its true then its visual ease to the eye kind of utility and to make a best use of it you need to have some knowladge of how the order flow works and the secret they only posses and instead using that secret to make real money in market by actual trades they choose to sell it, pretty convincing. Nothing against/for any vendor, just expressing my views.

Tags
vsa

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: