Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

MC

Begging for a MP Composite Chart

I am currently unemployed like half of America. :(

I cannot afford MP software and was hoping someone could post a composite MP and/or volume profile chart for the time period of 9/19/2008 - 3/9/2009.

I can sort of visualize the bellcurve without MP but would like a more definite look as only MP can provide. The volume profile would be great since I can't really visualize that from a raw chart.

If you have any other time period you think gives a better view of the bellcurve I'm all ears as well. :)

Thanks fellas,

MC

Added---

Has anything cheaper come to the market for MP? I really want to be able to run MP on select date ranges that co-incide with the waves of the market.

You can customize a simple volume-at-price chart at BigCharts, though you may not consider that to be sufficient.

Not a bad suggestion. I have done that in the past. Lemme try one now.

I guess I could have said what market too huh? That was pretty dumb on my part to not say what the chart should be of. LOL

ES is what I'm most interested in. Any thoughts from you guys about the Naz...it's kickin some ass and the other indices are lagging. Tech to the moon? ;)

.. post a composite MP and/or volume profile chart for the time period of 9/19/2008 - 3/9/2009....

Added---

Has anything cheaper come to the market for MP? I really want to be able to run MP on select date ranges that co-incide with the waves of the market.

Atrader is a free MP charting program for now (some nag screens) if you can get the IB datafeed or import some data, it supports some composite profiles.

http://www.traderslaboratory.com/forums/f6/free-mp-ib-dtn-feed-6094.html

There are many posted charts here at charthub, starting with this author: Charts by user | ChartHub.com

Don't know if this is any good for you. but if you have the 30 min high low numbers through the day, you can input them on this site and create your own MP Chart.

Market Profile Calculator (beta)

I tried this with 30-min data for that period and got this message "You have more than 100 brackets entered. Please enter 100 or fewer brackets and try again. If you wish this utility to be expanded then please place a request in the forums."

So doesn't seem like a good option.

Here ya go MC:

Market Profile (time-based Profile) on ES (9/19/08 thru 3/09/09):

Images | ChartHub.com

MarketProfile.png

Volume Profile for same period:

Images | ChartHub.com

MarketProfile_2.png

Those are produced using the Profile Indicator in Investor/RT. Makes it very easy to produce these profiles of any custom period easily.

Chad

Thanks a bunch. I'm unemployed and not yet profitable so I can't afford R/T but I def plan to become a customer asap. The MP and Vol Profile capabilities are stellar. I mean...who can argue with those charts? Just what I was looking for.

Added---

I may be pushing my luck but is there a way to keep that composite profile and show the bear rally without effecting the composite?

I want to see how the rally interacted with MP and volume profile. I can't wait to find work and be able to finally afford a real tool like R/T.

Does that make sense...Set a composite date range and have more recent data just mingle in the profile but not be accounted for or reflected in the merge.

Chad...Is there any way to get MP with EOD data or just the RT full price package? I'm grasping at straws badly here. ;)

Edited by MC

Hello MC, if you can find 250$, you get a lifetime market profile 3rd party add-on that works very well on ninja trader charts. And with this MP chart, you can split sessions or merge them as you want.

Will include a pic of the mp profile for future GBP but cant for the ES as i dont trade this one and dont have the data for it.

Hope it help

BTW R/T is a great platform but way too expensive for me.

Shreem:)

5aa70ef189bac_6E09-0926_06_2009(1Min).thumb.jpg.6ca9d17bbbc5680e3f1eb7f0857f8ec5.jpg

MC,

The Profile Indicator will work on daily data, and it will allow you to wrap a rectangle around any group of daily bars to quickly plot the daily time-based (MP) profile of those bars. This allows you to do profiles within profiles.

Images | ChartHub.com

ProfileIndicator.png

Also, the stand alone Market Profile charts can now automatically create weekly/quarterly/yearly profiles off of daily data:

Images | ChartHub.com

MonthlyMP.png

You can find out more about the composite Market Profiles here: Market Profile - Composite Profiles

and more about the Profile Indicator here: Investor/RT Tour - Profile Indicator (PROF)

So there is quite a bit you can do with daily data and Profiles in Investor/RT now.

Chad

Hello MC, if you can find 250$, you get a lifetime market profile 3rd party add-on that works very well on ninja trader charts. And with this MP chart, you can split sessions or merge them as you want.

Will include a pic of the mp profile for future GBP but cant for the ES as i dont trade this one and dont have the data for it.

Hope it help

BTW R/T is a great platform but way too expensive for me.

Ninja dosen't support Transact for a data feed though right? That's who I get my futures data through.

Chad...thanks again. Man that is some powerful software!!!

Ninja dosen't support Transact for a data feed though right? That's who I get my futures data through.

Chad...thanks again. Man that is some powerful software!!!

Hello MC. Nope, unfortunatelly they doesnt seems to support your broker with their platform.

Maybe later on.

Hope you find what works best for you

Sincerely