Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Hieronymus

Market Profile Newbie

Hi everybody:

I’ve been trading futures part-time for a couple years and have recently been reading up on market profile. I know of Jim Dalton and his books. If anyone could answer any of these questions I’d be really grateful.

1. What other resources are out there – good books, good articles, websites?

2. What are some good market profile courses or chat rooms?

3. I use Esignal charting. It has a market profile add-on, but I haven’t subscribed yet. Are there any other packages that support it? Which ones might be best to use?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hieronymus

Hi everybody:

I’ve been trading futures part-time for a couple years and have recently been reading up on market profile. I know of Jim Dalton and his books. If anyone could answer any of these questions I’d be really grateful.

3. I use Esignal charting. It has a market profile add-on, but I haven’t subscribed yet. Are there any other packages that support it? Which ones might be best to use?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Hieronymus

I like IRT or Market Delta for MP charts. Check em out. Most of market profile can be learned by just studying it daily. It starts to become intuitive.

Hi Hie :D and welcome to the forum.

obviously, TL is a good place to start. This thread lists a lot of different resources. some are websites, some are books, some are PDFs.

for courses, i am very partial to the CL/CES. Jim Dalton's offers this course through his company, DLC Profiles, over at MarketsInProfile. Material and interaction coming straight from the man behind Mind Over Markets and Markets In Profile. I'm about three months into the course and find Jim's discussions and insights indispensable.

as for trading rooms, the only MP related room i have been in and can recommend is JP's room. he's a former floor trader, works real hard to keep a positive and productive room, and has over 20yrs trading experience.

there are several MP chart providers and esignal is one of them. i'm not a fan, but won't hate on a product/vendor either. i will say that i have been using WindoTrader for almost two months and have stopped looking for chart vendors. currently, the only data source available for WT is esignal, so i couldn't completely escape good ol' e$ignal (though WT is testing additional feeds).

hope this helps.

and, again, welcome to TL.

take care -

omni