Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Market Profile Are you a market profile trader? Post here.

Like Tree4Likes
Old 05-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #17

Ignore this user

Re: Market Profile Trading Room?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE »
How come you keep jumping from room to room Koifan...? I'm curious...what happened to Reza and Eric......where they not profitable or was the room not a match for you ?

I too would like to further my MP knowledge but not sure which room would be right for me..Thanks for your feedback....

Marker - could you tell us more about your one month trial....was it educational or just posting of trades

JE

JE,

Well, to be honest, I did not take full advantage of my one month, that is why I signed up again. Like I wrote earlier, I was distracted with another live room that trades on the 50% Fib retracements.

I dont know what everyone's feelings on fib's, but the way I see it, you can make a fib argument on every bar that is on the chart? it seems like after the move has been made, you can find a fib that worked out....I do want to believe in the fib method, but to me, its overtrading. Correct me if i'm wrong, but it actually seems you can make a fib argument anywhere on the chart....

That is why I REALLY want to learn MP. MP live rooms out there are limited, but it seems that Channel-Trading.com might have something. From the few reviews out there in web space, I have heard no complaints, only positives. And from my very limited time in the room, all his trades were big winners or very tiny stop outs.

I will let you know how it goes.....I'll be in Huddy's room tomorrow, so hope it goes well.....
Old 05-23-2010, 08:10 PM   #18

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by koifan »
Hi ...I use IRT...Kevin is also going to be using IRT...from my limited experience with
Ninja...the charts are nice...BUT it's a huge memory hog. I am astounded as to
how much memory it requires. When my IRT is running several tick charts along with
a couple MP charts...it is using about 10% of the memory Ninja requires.
My charts never froze last week...you can use some brokers data to run IRT futures charts.
If you want stocks...you need esig, IQ or something else.I use IQfeed.
Check out a trial on IRT...they also have the best MP charts online bar NONE.

Hope this answers some questions.

Koifan

KoiFan,

Did Kevin say he was going to be switching to IRT soon?
Old 05-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #19

Ignore this user

He is using it now...but shows it live intermittently...ask him when he is going to switch.
He has templates for his charts on 3 different platforms...IRT just has better MP's.

RR
Old 05-24-2010, 01:59 PM   #20

Ignore this user

Ok, its lunch time chop now and here is my morning review of Channel-Trading.

Damn pretty good, very conservative. He just sits and waits for the trend lines and MP to form an entry area that gives a very very high probability entry. He nailed the 1st one at 1083.75 short at 8:13am pacific time, scaled all the way to his predefined target of 1080.75-1080.50....nice call on his part, no stress trade . He also called one during lunch and said not to take it due to lunch time zone, but it was a quick winner as well....he also posts his trades on twitter pretty quick too, so you can see the trades as they happen if your not in the room ( Kevin Hudson (channeltrading) on Twitter ).

I have to admit, if I was in my other live trade room that uses fibs, I would have been chopped around with at least 8 trade in the morning so far....overtrading, yuck....

more to come....
Old 05-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #21

Ignore this user

there are trades to take if you have more experience....but Kevin will call safer trades for the room...but he explains the progress of the profile while it develops.

R
The Following User Says Thank You to koifan For This Useful Post:
marker (05-24-2010)
Old 05-24-2010, 02:45 PM   #22

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by koifan »
there are trades to take if you have more experience....but Kevin will call safer trades for the room...but he explains the progress of the profile while it develops.

R
I hope to be one of those experienced ones. Hope Huddy can get me there.....
Old 05-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #23

Ignore this user

What room software does he use ? Can the session be recorded ?
Old 05-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #24

Ignore this user

Im new in Huddy's room, but from what KoiFan and the room shows, he uses Ensisn mainly, but he did say he also has IRT and Ninja charts up. He says he likes all 3 and all of them have their pluses.....but I think I will end up moving towards Ensign.

I guess you can record the session on your own. He uses GoToMeeting. I have full version of Camtasia Studio Recording platform. I use it to record Huddy on certain questions I ask.....

The day is almost done, and there were about 3 trades, all were small scale winners in this choppy day.....he stalks the trade....he is methodical and sits and sits and then jumps on the perfect high probability entry....love it so far.....
The Following User Says Thank You to marker For This Useful Post:
Marsupilami (05-24-2010)

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: