Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

subq

Free Market Profile Webinar

This maybe a silly question, but if someone only trades stocks and not futures, would this class still be beneficial to them? I am new, so I can still ask silly questions, right?? :)

Thanks,

Eva

Eva - I would appreciate if you left the asking of silly questions to experts at it like me :rofl:

I don't know what the accepted wisdom is of applying MP to stocks, maybe someone else can comment? Who is to know if the accepted wisdom should even be accepted? There may be some discussion of this in the MP section of the forum?

I reckon attend anyway, there is bound to be some great ideas presented.

Edit: Found one thread about MP and stocks - not much info on it but yes, it is used with stocks.

Edited by mister ed

Mister Ed, you are too funny......:rofl::rofl::rofl:....I am suffering with bronchitis, so when I laugh I get a cough attack. I have you know, I am having one of those now, so thanks...hehehe..

Anyway, I guess I will sign up, if I don't find it helpful, I have to right to disconnect...that is the beauty of those webinars, right? It might sound chinese to me, but we shall see.

Thanks for the reply.

Eva

I have just registered for the free class. Does anyone know who is behind this website ? No names are given, which I find a bit odd.

I remember registering for this MP class a while back, but now I can't recall when/where the class will be given Can somebody remind me, SVP? Thanks.

I remember registering for this MP class a while back, but now I can't recall when/where the class will be given Can somebody remind me, SVP? Thanks.

I have registered and haven't heard a thing back. Monday Feb 18 is all I know - no time/place indicated yet.

Marsoup, Yeah, you missed the best webinar I've heard in a very long time. I've never heard of this guy, Reza Something, but his understanding of MP, and his ability to explain it, are definitely better than the Dalton's books, way better. He's got a finesse to Market Profile that is quite remarkable. Of course, the proof would be in a live trading environment. Not sure if he gives free trials to his live trading room. One downside I noted was that his prices are pretty steep for his services.

futurestradingdaily.com offered a $200 discount off reza's trade room which brings the price to $1275 for lifetime membership

I looked at a few other MP trade rooms and they were charging $1200, $2500, etc etc... so it looks to be about the going rate for a live trading room that incorporates market profile (at least currently)

P.S.

I think the perception of it being expensive is subjective. If you have a good understanding about MP then those prices could be perceived as high. If you learn best with a live teacher and you don't have an understanding of MP then it could be perceived as an excellent price for the education.

My "tuition" in the market has cost me much more than that...but I'm not complaining. :)

Edited by subq

Marsoup, Yeah, you missed the best webinar I've heard in a very long time.
Darn....
I've never heard of this guy, Reza Something, but his understanding of MP, and his ability to explain it, are definitely better than the Dalton's books, way better. He's got a finesse to Market Profile that is quite remarkable. Of course, the proof would be in a live trading environment. Not sure if he gives free trials to his live trading room. One downside I noted was that his prices are pretty steep for his services.

Thanks for the info, Tasuki. I realized that he also runs the website Profiltraders on which he mentions a live trading room...it says no free trials but a fee of 25 USD for a day. That is not too cheap considering that one day does not suffice to get an impression of his trading, teaching and his methods.

The life time fee for the membership seems acceptable if you look at JPJ for example...IOAMT is much more expensive.

Yes, I agree, a video of the webinar would be nice.

Do you guys know if this webinar was recorded?

James, no, it was not recorded by Reza (someone asked during the lecture and he said no). I don't know if anyone tried to capture it with Camtasia, but I doubt it. For one thing, the webinar was five hours long, so the resulting Camtasia file would have been very large, and I also suspect that everyone who attended was blindsided by Reza's incredible understanding of MP--I don't think anyone expected the kind of depth and insight that we were privileged to witness.

Taz

I hear that it is very rare for Reza to give a free webinar. He does give 6 hour Boot Camps fairly regularly (I have been told). The next one is Saturday, March 1. He charges $275, but from my experience with the free class, it will be totally worth it. According to Reza, it covers the same material as the webinar in somewhat more depth plus some more advanced stuff.

Tazuki and I have spoken about the free webinar and our experience with it and we were both blown away by the depth of his understanding of MP, the practical strategies he utilizes and his generosity of spending so much time with us and sharing so much knowledge - for free. All with no sales pitch to speak of.

BTW, we are both taking the Boot Camp, as we want more of the guy's knowledge.

Hope it helps.

Bryan

Eva - I would appreciate if you left the asking of silly questions to experts at it like me :rofl:

I don't know what the accepted wisdom is of applying MP to stocks, maybe someone else can comment? Who is to know if the accepted wisdom should even be accepted? There may be some discussion of this in the MP section of the forum?

I reckon attend anyway, there is bound to be some great ideas presented.

Edit: Found one thread about MP and stocks - not much info on it but yes, it is used with stocks.

Market Profile works on any product whether that be Stocks, Bonds, Futures, Spreads (whether calendar or inter-market) even options as well as multiple baskets (eg: 100 IBM plus 1 Gold contract plus 1 SoyBean contract plus 1 Currency contract etc)

Being a statistically based product creating a Data Warehouse one can then extract probability scenarios which naturally can be applied to all products for in essence the stistical variances plotted on the bell curve have been used since.............