Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Market Profile Are you a market profile trader? Post here.

Like Tree3Likes
Old 07-13-2007, 08:43 PM   #17

Ignore this user

Re: Trading with Market Statistics III. Basics of VWAP Trading

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleashed »
Just wanted to say that I really appreciate you doing these videos, Jperl -that goes to SoulTrader as well for his videos...

My gratitude to you both, they are very helpful to new traders like me. I hope some day I can return the favor.
Glad you like them Unleashed. Stay tuned, there is more to come. We've only scratched the surface.

---I'm going to trade til I'm 100, or die trying----
Old 07-14-2007, 03:54 PM   #18

Ignore this user

NEWBIE wants to test his new found trading knowledge for other contracts besides the emini Russell 200. In this video he trades the Emini S&P500 for July 9, 2007. As usual, NEWBIE trades shorts when price action is below the VWAP AND the VWAP < PVP. So follow along as NEWBIE takes this ES short trade.
Attached Files
File Type: swf ESshort.swf (1.74 MB, 2644 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to jperl For This Useful Post:
shreem (02-07-2008)
Old 07-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #19

Ignore this user

Thank you for sharing, Jerry. For those having problems playing swf files automatically or wish to have some controls over the playback, you should try these freeware (small 600K downloads):
swf player: http://www.browsertools.net/download...penerSetup.exe
less features player: http://www.globfx.com/downloads/swfplayer/
BTW, Jerry, for those wishing to replicate some of your studies, are you using Ensign software charting and wrote your own VWAP and PVP functions? and are those available somewhere? Thanks.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:43 PM   #20

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrunner »
Thank you for sharing, Jerry. For those having problems playing swf files automatically or wish to have some controls over the playback, you should try these freeware (small 600K downloads):
THanks thrunner, I figured there had to be something out there to control swf playbacks. Very useful.
Quote:
BTW, Jerry, for those wishing to replicate some of your studies, are you using Ensign software charting and wrote your own VWAP and PVP functions? and are those available somewhere? Thanks.
Yes, I use ensign software and wrote my own software for the VWAP. However, ensign does offer a Design Your Own template to download for computing VWAP.

Old 07-14-2007, 08:13 PM   #21
cooter

Ignore this user

Quote:
Don't use untrusted software.

Try Apple Quicktime here:

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

It runs .swf files without any problem.

P.S. Get the version without ITunes - you need the standalone QuickTime player for this to work properly.

Last edited by cooter; 07-14-2007 at 08:16 PM.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:47 PM   #22

Ignore this user

Thanked 1,804 Times in 898 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperl »
NEWBIE wants to test his new found trading knowledge for other contracts besides the emini Russell 200. In this video he trades the Emini S&P500 for July 9, 2007. As usual, NEWBIE trades shorts when price action is below the VWAP AND the VWAP < PVP. So follow along as NEWBIE takes this ES short trade.
Jerry,
First, just want to say WOW on these threads. If I was new to trading, you would have my attention! Great job!

One observation on the ES video - to assume any fills when price just touches, esp for a newbie trading a 1 lot, is not realistic. Price needs to trade through the entry and exit level to expect a real-time fill. The ES is too thick for price to be touched and assume a fill.

Just an FYI for anyone running the examples on the ES. An MIT order would eliminate that (but also create smaller profit targets).
Old 07-14-2007, 11:58 PM   #23

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooter »
Don't use untrusted software.
Try Apple Quicktime here:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
It runs .swf files without any problem.
P.S. Get the version without ITunes - you need the standalone QuickTime player for this to work properly.
Well, QuickTime is a 20MB bloatware download that phones home at all times (check your firewall) and shows advertisements whether you want it or not by default on opening (hint: turn off player content guide). Adding insult to injury, QT (7.0.3) w iTunes doesn't play swf properly- the player slider time index is wrong and it will no longer play with sound after you slide the play past the end and then return slide to the beginning. As stated above, you'll need the standalone QT to work properly. Quicktime is truly beginning to be worst and more annoying than Microsoft media player.
There is an opensource Flash player but unfortunately it is in alpha. The two swf players posted previously are from two independent but well established houses and they are free, small (600KB), no ads, doesn't phone home. They are basically simple wrappers around the Adobe Flash.ocx. No, I have no association with either firms and I have no position in Apple stocks either.:p
The Following User Says Thank You to thrunner For This Useful Post:
erk53 (06-28-2008)
Old 07-15-2007, 12:40 AM   #24
cooter

Ignore this user

Quote:
Well, QuickTime is a 20MB bloatware download that phones home at all times (check your firewall) and shows advertisements whether you want it or not by default on opening (hint: turn off player content guide). Adding insult to injury, QT (7.0.3) w iTunes doesn't play swf properly- the player slider time index is wrong and it will no longer play with sound after you slide the play past the end and then return slide to the beginning. As stated above, you'll need the standalone QT to work properly. Quicktime is truly beginning to be worst and more annoying than Microsoft media player.
Yes, the standalone Quicktime player from Apple is what users should download, as I specifically advised that the version with ITunes software would not play .swf Flash files properly.

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: