Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Market Profile Are you a market profile trader? Post here.

Like Tree1Likes
Old 07-13-2007, 01:39 AM   #9

Ignore this user

Re: Trading with Market Statistics III. Basics of VWAP Trading

Liked your first vid. One question now that your uploading on filefront...how do i watch the new one?

Always look on the bright side of life...da da da da da da da da da - Monty Python
Old 07-13-2007, 08:33 AM   #10

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1984 »
Liked your first vid. One question now that your uploading on filefront...how do i watch the new one?
Click on the link which will take you to filefront. Then click on download, which will download the file to your computer. If you get a message that says something like "Windows can't open this file", it should give you choices of what software to use to open it. Just choose your browser, either IE or Firefox to open it.
Any problems, let me know. (Soultrader is working on ways to make this easier)

JERRY
The Following User Says Thank You to jperl For This Useful Post:
greentea (04-03-2010)
Old 07-13-2007, 08:52 AM   #11

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by jperl »
Trading in the low volume region is dangerous and requires more advanced analysis.
From a MP perspective when price trades into the low volume wouldn't we would want to trade as price is potientially looking to establish a new value area and potientially starting to trend ?

I like your approach using VWAP however is seems to be most benefical in establishing a bias. I also think it would keep you out of trend days like yesterday as there was no substancial reversion to a mean, just a steady climb throughout the day. Would you mind going over how VWAP and PTP looked during yesterdays action (7/12)?

Thanks for shaing this with us.

-DT
Old 07-13-2007, 09:25 AM   #12

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupaski »
From a MP perspective when price trades into the low volume wouldn't we would want to trade as price is potientially looking to establish a new value area and potientially starting to trend ?
HI Dupaski,
If you are a newbie, the answer is no. If you are an advanced trader, the answer is yes. You have to learn how to crawl first before you can walk. We will get to trading in the low volume zone in later threads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dupaski »
I like your approach using VWAP however is seems to be most benefical in establishing a bias. I also think it would keep you out of trend days like yesterday as there was no substancial reversion to a mean, just a steady climb throughout the day. Would you mind going over how VWAP and PTP looked during yesterdays action (7/12)?

Slow creep upward price action is difficult to trade under any circumstances. I actually traded yesterdays ER2 action. Took about 4 trades.
Reversion to the mean (VWAP) doesn't occur all that frequently. You will have to wait until we talk about reversions to the Standard Deviation. Stay tuned.

JERRY
The Following User Says Thank You to jperl For This Useful Post:
athill (12-27-2009)
Old 07-13-2007, 10:25 AM   #13

Ignore this user

Good video Jerry, finally got it working! I like how noobie is learning lol.

Always look on the bright side of life...da da da da da da da da da - Monty Python
Old 07-13-2007, 06:14 PM   #14

Ignore this user

I am trying to understand the logic here. the VWAP is a very logical. the PVP seems irrelevant to me. why is the PVP a meaningful number? seems like a marginal difference as to what it might be at any given time...

btw, if newbie were a pattern guy, he could have gone long off the A-B-C corrective pattern down (a lower low) pattern that lead to a re-test of the morning high.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dogpile For This Useful Post:
Luisfer (01-03-2014)
Old 07-13-2007, 07:12 PM   #15

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpile »
I am trying to understand the logic here. the VWAP is a very logical. the PVP seems irrelevant to me. why is the PVP a meaningful number? seems like a marginal difference as to what it might be at any given time...
As we will see later, the PVP is one example of a hold up price, HUP for short, prices where the market slows or reverses. More importantly for NEWBIE now, its the relationship between PVP and VWAP that is important for determining market skewness. When PVP and VWAP are close together, there is no skew. Volume distribution is then symmetric about the mean ( VWAP ). It's when they are further apart producing a market skew that things get interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpile »
btw, if newbie were a pattern guy, he could have gone long off the A-B-C corrective pattern down (a lower low) pattern that lead to a re-test of the morning high.
Yes he could have taken a long earlier...but again he's going to have to wait until later threads to understand why that would have worked using market statistics.

---I'm going to trade til I'm 100, or die trying----
Old 07-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #16

Ignore this user

Just wanted to say that I really appreciate you doing these videos, Jperl -that goes to SoulTrader as well for his videos...

My gratitude to you both, they are very helpful to new traders like me. I hope some day I can return the favor.

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: