Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

Market Profile Are you a market profile trader? Post here.

Like Tree4Likes
Old 02-26-2007, 02:00 AM   #9

Ignore this user

Re: Market Profile Trading Concepts

This is the way i look at the day's market:
I use yesterday's 'value area' and the profile (high, low, single prints etc) as a potential support or resistance;
I use today's profile development to determine the likely type of day it is going to be and an estimate of the day's range. This is useful for deciding types of trade and the profit target.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:45 AM   #10

Ignore this user

Just an example from my latest session. A very clearly defined value area from 2 days before (not 1 day before which created a considerably less accentuated VA at around 3575) was 3545-3555 (the market spent hours in this range). 1 day before market closed at 3584 after a failed rally. As China broke down and international markets opened considerably lower, before my open I decided to enter a buy order at 3545 which was the low of a strong VA and more than 1% below last close. Safe point of entry. It was a very good decision but not a perfect one...the market opened 3549, reached 3546 and rallied fast to 3565. I did not get a fill. From this lesson I gathered that next time I will place my entry order closer to the middle of VA. Let's see what happened next - the market after reaching 3565 started a slow descent that finally broke the low of VA and I could see increased selling interest by those who perceived the situation as breakdown. But they acted too early - 3543 was the lowest the price got. Then it re-entered VA and, exactly as PivotProfiler writes above, started soon an agressive climb to 3584 (day close was 3579). I took part in this move although I entered a bit late - I did not know about the 80%! - waiting for momentum to occur. Cheers.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jakew For This Useful Post:
afei (04-02-2010), shiree (10-24-2009), weshahan (02-27-2008)
Old 06-14-2007, 04:58 PM   #11

Ignore this user

Does anyone have a copy of Antonio's Market Profile Indicator? I updated my previous TS ELD with his last changes, and now I can't get it work. Thanks for any help.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:21 PM   #12

Ignore this user

Thanked 1,458 Times in 507 Posts

Its expired now and will no longer be updated.Thanks
Old 06-14-2007, 07:28 PM   #13

Ignore this user

Thanks Soultrader. Anyone know where to get a new Market Profile Indicator for tradestation 8? Thank you.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:37 PM   #14

Ignore this user

Quote:
06-13-2007, 10:23 PM
ant
Premium Trader

Re: Market Profile Plus for tradestation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry guys, it looks like the latest version of the indicator expired earlier than expected. As mentioned in my previous post, I did streamline this version to make it significantly faster, but didn’t check the expiration date. As most of you know, I maintain multiple versions of these indicators.

Since Oct. 2006, I have made my Market Profile® indicators for tradestation available exclusively at Traders Laboratory. Over time, I have incorporated many of the features requested by TL users. However, working on these indicators has taken a lot of time and effort, and has taken time away from other trading-related activities. As a result, I decided a short while ago to stop working on indicators, except for making minor fixes. This was a prudent decision as a full-time trader, because the indicators were a big distraction from my main focus – Trading. So unfortunately, I have winded down my work with indicators and will not be renewing my Market Profile indicators anymore. I know some users will be disappointed, but I‘m sure most will understand where I'm coming from and I'm confident that those that have been using MP+ will find a suitable replacement. Those that develop their own indicators, especially indicators as complex as Market Profile, can attest to the fact that it requires a major investment of time to develop robust indicators reliable enough to use in "live" trading. I guess that's why most people do not give away their hard work for free. Anyway, I hope that people have benefited from these indicators over the past 9 months, and I hope that in some small part they have helped improve your trading. All the best with your trading!

Regards,
Antonio

Market Profile Plus for tradestation ©2006 Antonio, All Rights Reserved.
The other thread has been closed so it is logical to make a short remark here: There is no reason to be sorry Ant, I think we all appreciate your efforts and look forward to your always helpful and generous contributions in the future. You whetted out appetite with some of your open code and indicators. I am sure those interested in MP can further their studies with the myriad of resources out there.

Regarding to MP indicators and code for TS, here are some that may be helpful:
free TS (need forum access)
https://www.tradestation.com/Discuss...Topic_ID=57275

free open Price Distribution
Here

$150 Price Distribution open code TS
http://www.theswingmachine.com/Price...eDist_Main.htm

$249 non disclosed code TS
1st Trading Tools - Technical Analysis Indicator Purchases

EU400 first yr, EU200 second, third etc, nondisclosed code
Market Profile
Old 06-15-2007, 03:14 PM   #15

Ignore this user

Thanks thrunner.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:36 AM   #16

Ignore this user

if you are incline to code, Antonio published an early version of his MP code in this thread at TSW. It plots composite profile histogram, but is missing ValH/L and POC
https://www.tradestation.com/Discuss...txtExactMatch=

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: