Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

minoo

Limit Down Discussion

Could someone advise about limit down

It was pretty scary for me seeing S&P500 stuck

Was not in a position at the moment but what could one do

I see flow of orders on the tape for 855.25 and they are rolling in hundreds

FESX (Euro Stoxx made a low 2173 and is coming upto daily pivot @2254)

So will S&P open with a Gap-Down, re-open higher &

What happens to all these contracts placed at 855.25 (market & limit orders ?)

https://www.cme.com/trading/files/EquityIndexPriceLimitGuide.pdf

Many thanks

Minoo

i don't trade the S&P, but did trade the Ags before and got caught in a limit move.

its a circuit breaker...in this case the market can trade up, but nobody can offer below the limit move....it locks down until the market opens and then we are in a whole new ball game.

if the futures stay limit down at the open, it will open lower. but historically there is usually a bounce off the limit. but that does not mean the bounce will change the direction...

gonna be a rough ride for the equity guys..

Limit Down Question

After market limits down

Could someone explain what happens to orders when the market limits down, new orders and one which were already placed.

Which order type is hold where ? On brokers local server or exchange server, which order type one can cancel and which one cannot be cancelled if any

At the moment market is limit-down but Why is the tape so bullish are these mostly people trying to get out of their shorts, trying to hedge or some kind of limit-down strategy being played out.

I need some input to my trading plan

Any suggestios, enlightenment would be well appreciated

Many Thanks Minoo

When it opens it will no longer be limit down (unless it moves).

There is an overnight limit (which is where it is now stuck) and a larger day limit (which is somewhere else (i don't trade us markets)).