Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

malvado xetra

A Possible Long Term Elliott View

The problem with Elliot Wave is that you can take random data, put it on a chart and find Elliot Waves in it. A lot of the waves you've identified don't look very convincing. An Elliot Wave should ideally retrace to a Fibonacci level but a lot of the waves you've identified don't and look more like ordinary market noise than proper Elliot Waves. I think there is value in Elliot Wave but at the moment the only waves I see are on the weekly chart.

Wave counts can be a hard task, now what MX is showing has to be monitored very closely, a break on does highs will be a key event... if it happens it will shure validate his wave counts... cheers Walter.

Brown,

I Cant Tell If Im Long Or Short Or Doing Nothing. It Wouldnt Be Politically Correct Under The Traders Lab Rules. This Is Just A Possible Chart Scenario Like, I Imagine That You Have Yours. If You Want To Share It Or Not Is Up To You.

Notouch,

A Weekly View Is Quite Reliable Always. If I See The Weekly Chart The Counting Wave Is Even Easier. Thanks For The Appreciation

5aa70dd73bfcf_ELLIOTT4.thumb.png.7e3c71b608d1ae004955e25ddb4ac512.png

Brown,

I Cant Tell If Im Long Or Short Or Doing Nothing. It Wouldnt Be Politically Correct Under The Traders Lab Rules. This Is Just A Possible Chart Scenario Like, I Imagine That You Have Yours. If You Want To Share It Or Not Is Up To You.

I don't believe James does not allow you to specify if you are/will be long, short, flat. I posted a couple here recently explaining that I was long and what was going on with the trade. The point here is to share, like you have, but give us something concrete as well. I've posted some charts throughout (as have others such as PivotProfiler) that are very explicit with entries and/or exits.

See Walter's new thread as well on the flip trade. There's exact setups and entries posted there.

So, I think you can share your basis of trading based off these charts, unless of course you're not quite sure what all those lines mean. :p