Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

tradingwizzard

Introduction and General Guidelines

More and more people are becoming interested in trading and therefore technical analysis is something every trader should take into consideration. However, were to start if you are newbie? Were to look for? What are the basic patterns, shapes, theories, etc. to know and, how to benefit the most out of them?

Well, I think we have here on TL a great community of experienced traders and judging by the discussions level and the subjects debated, many newcomers or beginners in trading might be discouraged because the general impression is that this is too dificult too understand and the level is way too technical.

And this is where this forum comes in: the purpose of it is to introduce basic concepts in technical analysis in such a way that any trader, beginner, medium or advanced, should understand and benefit, under the principle "Educate people first. Make them experts later."

While it seems TL is full of experts, let's try to develop something really constructive here and I am sure even the experienced memebers here will have something to learn as well, or at least to remember the beginings. All members are welcomed to participate as the intention here is to make it both attractive and interesting for all. And a bit of fun never hurts.

That being said, I prepared some guidelines for what this forum inteds to do and what to be expected:

- in time I will start specific threads in which to cover one pattern, strategy, shape, theory, etc, presenting the basics of it, examples with charts; for example the first one will deal with contracting triangles. It will have a description, what to look for, where they appear, the fact that Elliott theory covers them, etc.

- both newbies and old members, virtually anybody is invited to post a real time example of it (in the case presented above a contracting triangle), regardless of the time frame, currency pair, indices, etc....whatever he/she trades with a short description regarding the expactations for the triangle. In this way we will see multiple uses for the same pattern, not to mention clealy visible examples;

- the idea is to make the forum as visual as possible, as talking about something and actually seeing with your eyes are two different things.

Before actually starting the first thread, I would love to have your feedback regarding the initiative above.

TW

Edited by tradingwizzard