Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

The Healthy Trader Let's share information on what it takes to maintain a healthy trading lifestyle. To be at the top of your game you have to take care of yourself -- here we'll all share how we do that, or should do that.

Like Tree1Likes
Old 05-06-2011, 08:29 PM   #1

Ignore this user

Yoga - Relax, Refocus and Make More Money!

I've gone a few times here and there over the years but am always busy and stop going before I get into a routine... Practicing yoga is so calming and releases tension yet leaves you energized with more focus and patience which is so important to us traders! Sitting at the computer all day gives me a sore neck and frequent headaches so yoga will be beneficial for the mind and body.

I've read that there are quite a few big money management companies who have incorporated yoga classes for their traders.

I'm going to start going regularly a couple times a week and go for walks to get some fresh air too. Actually, I think I should make a goal to go regularly for 1 month so I can see the results.

Anyone do yoga regularly?
FreedomBy40 likes this.
Old 05-08-2011, 08:25 AM   #2

Ignore this user

Re: Yoga - Relax, Refocus and Make More Money!

What do you mean by doing yoga though? Like exercise in general, I am pretty sure there are lots of different exercises which are designed to achieve certain desired effects. Some of these have got to be more useful for trading. Or do you think it's more about balancing the individual?

TheNegotiator.

Sovereign Debt Yield Spreads

To contribute is to learn. Don't be that student who always sits at the back of the class.

Day Trading the E-mini Futures
- Discussing and trading the E-minis every day!

Bigger Picture in E-minis Discussion
- Tryin' to see the wood for the trees ;)
Old 05-08-2011, 12:01 PM   #3
zdo

Ignore this user

tradergurl re: "Anyone do yoga regularly?"
Bikram Yoga once or twice a week
Prasara Yoga once or twice a week

Indispensible to health and performance - period.

btw, those two forms are among the most physically demanding yogas...
ie if you settle for less ( like for some tame little 'western' yoga class) ,
then less is about all you can expect...

TN, See Yoga - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
etc etc
btw, (and evidenced in that article to some degree) the ‘west’ has so bought into the ‘nameste’ / peace and light images of yoga that the ‘fighting’ part is rarely mentioned. Any of the yoga’s, (whether it be the hatha yogas for a more secular day to day flow or the highest spiritual yoga’s) when properly practiced, involve bringing the just right for the moment balance of extertion and surrender. hth
Old 05-11-2011, 07:26 AM   #4

Ignore this user

Yoga or Autotrading?

I am not sure if hatha yoga or the autotrading platform of Zulutrade keeps me calm. This platform's Signal Providers have saved me from a lot of stress which I had trying to deciding about the right trade. Now they do the hard work and I can have time for my yoga.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:52 AM   #5

Ignore this user

Zdo, when do you do practice your yoga? Whenever you can fit it in or do you find it more beneficial to do it consistently in the am or pm?

I've been so busy that I haven't started yet but next week is the week!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 12:12 PM   #6

Ignore this user

I used to incorporate Yoga into my regimen when training for Marathons. Worked great preventing my legs from tightening up.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:46 PM   #7
zdo

Ignore this user

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradergurl »
Zdo, when do you do practice your yoga? Whenever you can fit it in or do you find it more beneficial to do it consistently in the am or pm?

I've been so busy that I haven't started yet but next week is the week!!!
I have tried both ypes in the morning and neither are right for me AM. I suspect there are some TCM type reasons...
The best time I have found so far is circa 6 PM by an hour or + or -. For me, later than that and the risk of not being able to fall immediately asleep starts to rise. hth
Old 05-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #8

Ignore this user

I use a stretching routine from the Egosque organization that I found on a dvd ordered from Amazon. There are some sample exercises on youtube.
This is indespensible for my old broken down body. LOL

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: