Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

The Healthy Trader Let's share information on what it takes to maintain a healthy trading lifestyle. To be at the top of your game you have to take care of yourself -- here we'll all share how we do that, or should do that.

Reply
Old 10-06-2009, 11:31 PM   #17

That One Guy's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: United States
Posts: 80
Ignore this user

Thanks: 145
Thanked 48 Times in 22 Posts

Re: Any P90x'ers on Board?

I am doing insanity right now. Interval style training will kick your ass regardless of your fitness level. Nice results from the P90x 1st run. Try to eat several hours before doing the insanity workouts, otherwise you may lose your lunch.
That One Guy is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to That One Guy For This Useful Post:
brownsfan019 (10-07-2009)
Old 10-07-2009, 12:13 AM   #18

brownsfan019's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 4,227
Ignore this user

Thanks: 1,897
Thanked 1,804 Times in 898 Posts

Re: Any P90x'ers on Board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIKITRADER »
Congrats !!!! nice work there !
Keep it up BF. You are doing a steady pace on the weight loss and you are definitely feeling better with those results.
Go for insanity, you have the motivation now.
I agree, insanity starts next Monday. Taking this week as a breather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That One Guy »
I am doing insanity right now. Interval style training will kick your ass regardless of your fitness level. Nice results from the P90x 1st run. Try to eat several hours before doing the insanity workouts, otherwise you may lose your lunch.
Great to hear TOG. Seems you are 1 step ahead of me, which is awesome to get real-time feedback. If you have any other tips, please post here or PM me. Thanks
brownsfan019 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:10 AM   #19

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 75
Ignore this user

Thanks: 116
Thanked 97 Times in 44 Posts

Re: Any P90x'ers on Board?

I would really like to do the P90X or Insanity. I have lost 60 lbs. over the past 7 months or so eating right, up to an hour a day of cardio (elliptical machine) and light workout of weights. I really would like to do a full body intense workout like those.
BrianNC is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BrianNC For This Useful Post:
brownsfan019 (10-07-2009)
Old 10-07-2009, 01:12 AM   #20

wjrusnak's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 103
Ignore this user

Thanks: 258
Thanked 346 Times in 113 Posts

Re: Any P90x'ers on Board?

Week 7 of P90X right now. I got a dramatic increase in my pull up count and back strength. After 23 years, I can finally see my abs well enough to call a six pack (especially in the morning) Most important, the cardio is supreme in this program. If you aren't in shape, it will at least do that for you.
wjrusnak is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wjrusnak For This Useful Post:
brownsfan019 (10-07-2009), Tams (10-11-2009)
Old 10-07-2009, 08:28 AM   #21

brownsfan019's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 4,227
Ignore this user

Thanks: 1,897
Thanked 1,804 Times in 898 Posts

Re: Any P90x'ers on Board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianNC »
I would really like to do the P90X or Insanity. I have lost 60 lbs. over the past 7 months or so eating right, up to an hour a day of cardio (elliptical machine) and light workout of weights. I really would like to do a full body intense workout like those.
Do p90x Brian! You won't be disappointed if you follow the plan - workout and diet.


Quote:
Originally Posted by wjrusnak »
Week 7 of P90X right now. I got a dramatic increase in my pull up count and back strength. After 23 years, I can finally see my abs well enough to call a six pack (especially in the morning) Most important, the cardio is supreme in this program. If you aren't in shape, it will at least do that for you.
Nice job wjr! Another success story w/ p90x. This thing is pretty amazing. It works if you put forth the effort.
brownsfan019 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:11 PM   #22

Tams's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Geelong
Posts: 4,052
Ignore this user

Thanks: 2,275
Thanked 1,663 Times in 1,010 Posts

Re: Any P90x'ers on Board?

6 packs in 16 weeks

Spartan training. [VIDEO]
__________________
Arguing with a troll is a lot like wrestling in the mud with a pig, after a couple of hours you realize the pig likes it.
Tams is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tams For This Useful Post:
brownsfan019 (11-01-2009), That One Guy (11-02-2009), TIKITRADER (11-02-2009)
Old 11-02-2009, 10:19 AM   #23
zdo

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: boonies
Posts: 2,531
Ignore this user

Thanks: 415
Thanked 561 Times in 421 Posts

Re: Any P90x'ers on Board?

Caveat – The links below are basically a detailed critique of P90X ---
I found it provides in depth information (for ‘shoppers’) and certain perspectives on the efficacy of the program and programs like it that all might benefit from… hth

begin to dig: Reflection/Critique of P90X review: Part 1 of 3 - muscle confusion confuses the issue
begin to dig: P90X Critique Part 2 0f 3 - WIll you really "get ripped"?
begin to dig: P90X Critique Part 3A, Alternatives: to P90X's Diet Plan (or any 12 week diet, really)
begin to dig: P90X Review/Critque Part 3b: Workout Alternatives and Why to Consider Them - or "Life is Short & we're complex"

fwiw - I remain with a net positive bias on P90X, but this bias is far overshadowed by my bias for CST (hardcore, with all three wings). With sounder foundational principles, CST is much healthier and safer in the long run, plus ultimately takes you a lot further in overall performance edge…

All the best,

zdo
zdo is offline  
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zdo For This Useful Post:
brownsfan019 (11-02-2009), naturalis (03-16-2011), Tams (11-02-2009)
Old 11-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #24

brownsfan019's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 4,227
Ignore this user

Thanks: 1,897
Thanked 1,804 Times in 898 Posts

Re: Any P90x'ers on Board?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdo »
Caveat – The links below are basically a detailed critique of P90X ---
I found it provides in depth information (for ‘shoppers’) and certain perspectives on the efficacy of the program and programs like it that all might benefit from… hth

begin to dig: Reflection/Critique of P90X review: Part 1 of 3 - muscle confusion confuses the issue
begin to dig: P90X Critique Part 2 0f 3 - WIll you really "get ripped"?
begin to dig: P90X Critique Part 3A, Alternatives: to P90X's Diet Plan (or any 12 week diet, really)
begin to dig: P90X Review/Critque Part 3b: Workout Alternatives and Why to Consider Them - or "Life is Short & we're complex"

fwiw - I remain with a net positive bias on P90X, but this bias is far overshadowed by my bias for CST (hardcore, with all three wings). With sounder foundational principles, CST is much healthier and safer in the long run, plus ultimately takes you a lot further in overall performance edge…

All the best,

zdo
Thanks for those links zdo!

What is CST? Is that the link you initially provided on this thread or something different?
brownsfan019 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread:

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello Board! finvik Introduce Yourself 5 02-28-2009 03:24 PM
Market Board Games brownsfan019 General Discussion 2 01-28-2009 04:45 AM
New to This Board unclemike Introduce Yourself 2 11-24-2008 08:23 PM
New on board max-td Introduce Yourself 1 12-06-2007 06:39 AM
Updates: Fixes on the board Soultrader Support Center 1 09-03-2007 04:58 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:21 AM.
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CS to VB integration by DeskLancer
©2006-2011 Traders Laboratory, All Rights Reserved.