Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

james_gsx

Car Payment Rant

So I make my monthly car payments usually a week late since Nordstrom doesn't pay on a regular schedule like every other company (every other Friday, they do it on the 5th and the 20th, so if one of those days is a weekend you have to wait until Monday). Well my bank knows this so they are okay with me paying a week late which is cool with me. Anyways, they are late to the new world of the internet and don't offer their customers to pay online so I have to call them up. I don't like to send in checks for my own reasons.

So when I get my paycheck I call them up and deal with their automated lady trying to talk to me. Then I typically wait 20 minutes and either get someone to talk to and pay my bill, or an answering machine telling me to leave a message and they will call back.... they never do.

Sometimes this can take up to a week to make the stupid payment. I don't have time to sit on the phone for 20 minutes and I don't like calling multiple times in a day just to give away my money. Then they ask me why I'm late with my payment, to which I respond, "Every time I call I sit on hold for too long and I hang up. I don't want to pay the late charge either because if you had more people answering phones then I would have made the payment five days ago." They never like that response :confused: Although I am grateful their call centers are in the United States so I can understand what they are saying (no offense to anyone).

I guess I should just set up a recurring payment system like I have with all my credit cards. Then I don't have to worry about it. The only thing that concerns me with that is the payment is so big if I don't sell enough during the pay period my account will overdraft.

In other news, I really like the new Mercedes C class in white.

And if any of you over in Europe have or know anyone with a BMW 320Si, please let them know that a 20 year old aspiring trader in Colorado would love to buy it from him. Thanks :o