Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

futurebondtrader

Intraday Trading of Grain Futures and Corn Futures

Hello, to anyone that has day-traded grain futures,

I am wondering the following:

1. Which grain future do you think is the best for intraday trend trading (In terms of both overall dollar movement and reliability of trends)?

2. What has your experience been with the mini corn contract in terms of liquidity and slippage?

I would tremendously appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

Hello, to anyone that has day-traded grain futures,

I am wondering the following:

1. Which grain future do you think is the best for intraday trend trading (In terms of both overall dollar movement and reliability of trends)?

2. What has your experience been with the mini corn contract in terms of liquidity and slippage?

I would tremendously appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks

Soybean, Wheat, and Corn are all great trend type markets. For the "best" I would say soybean trends more often than the others in my experience.

Mini corn is very illiquid. Probably not something you would want to trade. You would have large slippage on your stop orders. Regular sized corn is only about $2k in margin though, but it's best to make sure each trade has less than 2% risk instead of looking at margin.

Hope that helps!

Indeed, soybeans, wheat and corn are the most volatile.

In my opinion, corn is the most flat contract.

In some periods, the wheat has some massive moves the overcomes the beans, but you have to know these markets very well before actually trade them...

Good luck.

Niro