Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

walterw

Walter`s Forex "Vma Trend Scalps"

Since I started all the vma research I had come thru quite a wide range of alternatives... I think this is possible thanks to Bruce (Pyenner`s) great contributions in terms of indicators programing...

Right now I am on this MT4 confortable platform with EXCELLENT indicators that do outperform lots of other comercial indicators... so first let me say again THANKS BRUCE ¡¡¡

The "vmar icon" trade is so far the most longer term trade I have here... then the "5 min laddering" could be a middle term type one... this one I will start sharing here is not suited for everybody... its a very small term scalper trade that I sincerily love to trade... its the most near to my "confort zone"...

So this thread will be dealing with this new scalping derived from vma`s...

A word again on scalping : whats the scalpers target ? it should normally be X $ per day thats how this works... some days will take you a few minutes to make it, some other days you have to sweat a little more, some days you may get a little headache... BUT at the end EVERY DAY you come out with X $ target on your pocket... period, thats a way to aproach scalping, thats the way to make each day my daily bread... So, this thread will deal with that ok ?....

Let me share some insights about my daily targets : on this case I want $4 per day/contract :confused: :confused: just that... funny uhuu.... well the top amount of contracts for this method will be 1000 contracts... so you will be able to make 4k daily and it should represent 80k monthly... all this on forex my friends...

For the millons I am getting better on "vmar icons" as I expect to trade much more than 1000 contracts... so this paralel scalping is to make trading fun and insure some small :cool: incomes on the way....

So what roll will vma play on this trades ?... well... so far I find Vma with its most interesting combinations giving an EXCELLENT trend definition... it tells you in a very clear way what the trend is and what momentum you have...

NOW... so far in terms of timing for this very small type of trades I did not find "yet" a good timing on vma`s... so I did combine my classic CCI readings into this ecuation...

Cci works very well when you have a GOOD base trend definition behind you... its not perfect, it will never be, BUT its good enough to make my 4 bucks per day...

so on next post I start sharing all this definitions... cheers Walter.

So lets get started with trend... as the name suggests it will be trend trades... we will take trades on the direction of our defined trend definition...

Here Vma`s will show once again their incredible edge to show nice clean trend definitions...

ALL THIS its still research.... get me clear here... I am researching....

If I want to trade on very specif timing at the 1 min chart... then looking for trend on the 5 min is a wise thing to do... so I will use the 5 min chart for trend definition... you will see later that I also have some more confirmations on trend at the 1 min chart, but trend definition starts on the 5 min chart...

This is the first view of a new trend definition :

attachment.php?attachmentid=3128&stc=1&d=1190841973

2 Stupid lines still 2 Amazing lines...

when they get together you only see 1 line, well that means Horizontal Effect (HE) wich is in terms of trend = NO TREND...

Obviously when things start to take a direction you will see both lines and it will define our basic trend definition... let me add video here.... cheers Walter.

Now this is what I'm gonna love. A scalping type thread. I though't you'd abandonned your scalping roots for a while there Walter :) This thread I'll be following closely.

yea... unfortunately the roots are there... I have to say that "vmar icons" so far have much better RRR than this scalper one, but cant get against my roots lol.. :( I hope this will not confuse anybody as I am actually following all methods simultaneously.... cheers Walter.

Your Icon trades work well with a high RRR but also (based on my own experience here) have a pretty high success rate as well which makes them very good trades, but you're not always going to get many perfect icon setups in any one day. In forex that might be different though.

The scalping technique you're developing though will be very interesting cause you can always trade these in spot forex or forex futures while you're waiting for your medium intraday setups to develop, or even just scalping the pullback in an icon itself!

A fantastic way of supplimenting your income from your longer term trades.

yea... unfortunately the roots are there... I have to say that "vmar icons" so far have much better RRR than this scalper one, but cant get against my roots lol.. :( I hope this will not confuse anybody as I am actually following all methods simultaneously.... cheers Walter.

No confusion here Walter, I'm looking forward to it, I've just downloaded MT4 until I can code vma3 into TS.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

No confusion here Walter, I'm looking forward to it, I've just downloaded MT4 until I can code vma3 into TS.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

Thats good Blu-Ray, you will notice MT4 its still quite a friendly platform, and also has a good normal connection (no issues).... enjoy¡¡ cheers Walter.

Hello Walterw and all, I agree, this new scalping trading style is not confusing at all. On the contrary, it is just an excellent addition to your others threads. In fact, following the VMA Icon and this scalping method can certainely be great complementary trading styles.

I have a little question for you Walterw. How do add the white line on the chart? Do you add once again the FantailVMA1 template and remove all others lines and just keep that one wth the right setup?

Thank to clear that for me.

As always, your video and analysis on this thread is as great and fantastic as the other's ones.

Sincerely

Shreem:)

Ok now I will add some trend definitions but on the 1 min chart...

They are not 100% vma definitions as we start to mix some other indicators that do perform pretty well in conjunction with vma`s....

Let me start showing you what I have at this time on the price pane of 1 min...

attachment.php?attachmentid=3155&stc=1&d=1190924573

this chart above is a 1 min chart with the fantailvma1 rainbow plus vma3 base line (orange) and a vma3 with an ma length 3 (dark gray)... then you have a cyan line wich is a step ma.... in this case the step average will be "stepping" due to price action itself... What I like here is the relationship between the step ma and the orange vma3 base line... all in the context of a more slower vmar1.... mmmm dont get crazy....

So my trend definition on the 1 min chart is this :

orange line > cyan line = UP TREND

orange line < cyan line = DOWN TREND

simple and straight forward... clean lines organizing the scalpers arena... cheers Walter.

So now the mambo is about to be revealed ¡¡ jejejej

here comes the oscillators addicts haven and the non oscillators traders confirmation not to engage on this oscillator waco thing jejejeje....

but good news ¡¡ the oscillators I will show here are "optative" on its use... as I will explain later how you can still time your trades with the vma3 on this so simple charts :confused: :confused: ... :crap: without actually using any of this oscillators.... but to make more of a scalper sensation oscillators where a must on this charts ¡¡

Maybe in a future, who knows maybe bruce gets inspired and he gets to program a revolutionary cci passed by a vma filter HAAAA... wouldnt that be great ¡¡ well... maybe not... jejeje

Let me introduce the 1 min complete chart here

attachment.php?attachmentid=3157&stc=1&d=1190927605

attachment.php?attachmentid=3158&stc=1&d=1190927605

colorfull chart ¡¡

let me get into detail about the oscillators description here... the oscillators are basicly two cci`s... they are not regular cci`s... they are cci smoothed by t3 averages... so that helps to reduce the excesive noise sometimes cci haves...

Blue line = fxsnipert3cci 5-3

White line w/hist = fxsnipert3cci 5-10

yellow line = simple ma 7 of fxsnipert3cci 5-10

so thats my set of oscillators here.... I did test more than 300 types of oscillators on my career... also played with derivations and sub-derivations of them... came to the solemn conclution that CCI is just about one of the best of oscillators out there... now this one smoothed by a t3 has captivated me even more as it finally made it more "readable" and still leading...

on next post I deliberate on all the alternatives you have to read this oscillator combo... cheers Walter.

So how would we actually read all this crazy oscillators there ?

Well if you decide to use them, you have a great deal of alternatives, and this is for timing purposes...

let me start here with the most high responsive one "Blue line entering cloud"

attachment.php?attachmentid=3159&stc=1&d=1190929573

the above one is the most fast signal, also the eventually most noisy one...

the second alternative is "Blue line cross Yellow line"

attachment.php?attachmentid=3160&stc=1&d=1190929803

it is a little more robust than previous and still quite leading...

the third alternative is "Blue line cross 0 line"

attachment.php?attachmentid=3161&stc=1&d=1190929978

this one I dont like much because its confusing and not much leading...

now we start to see alternatives derived from the white line... first one is "White crosses Yellow "

attachment.php?attachmentid=3162&stc=1&d=1190930184

this is a robust one ... not so leading...

the next is "White cross 0 line"

attachment.php?attachmentid=3163&stc=1&d=1190930309

this one unfortunately may already suffer undesired lag...

So 5 diferent readings here... all with diferent levels of leadingness-lagginess... wich one ? maybe that really depends on your character and stomach...

The key here its actually how GOOD is your setup in terms of how the trade its being built... in one context... one of them I will discuss on next posts is the time of the day... continue on next post...

hope you guys dont get mad at me... cheers Walter.

At this point indis and templates... enjoy ¡¡ cheers Walter.

Thanks Walter for posting those, I'm still trying to find my feet with this platform, getting there though.

Cheers

Blu-Ray

Hello Walterw, thank for the new video and the 1 minute tremplate. It makes life so much easier when we get those. Your approach for the scalping is very interesting.

However, as I am not a big fan of having too much indicators on the chart, I will prefer not to use CCI to fine tune the entry but better rely on the timing on the 1 min with the FantailVMA 1 min template. Evidently, it is only a personal choice and I do respect totally those using it.

With that said, I really like your sense of humour in your videos. The last one on the trend thread about the Elliot Waves think is very funny.

Sincerely

Hello Walterw, thank for the new video and the 1 minute tremplate. It makes life so much easier when we get those. Your approach for the scalping is very interesting.

However, as I am not a big fan of having too much indicators on the chart, I will prefer not to use CCI to fine tune the entry but better rely on the timing on the 1 min with the FantailVMA 1 min template. Evidently, it is only a personal choice and I do respect totally those using it.

With that said, I really like your sense of humour in your videos. The last one on the trend thread about the Elliot Waves think is very funny.

Sincerely

Absolutely Shreem ¡¡ as I said before this oscillators timing methods are totaly optative, because you got the orange line wich is a vma3 and its signal that you can use for timing... in some ocations oscillators will outperform the vma`s in others it will be oposite... thats the beauty of trading, we have freedom to customize things to our real need and taste ¡¡...

any how on later posts I will deal with the vma timing... cheers Walter.

Ok so let me continue on how you can actually time your scalp trade using vma3 standalone and its signal... very simple... the base line (orange) in relation with its signal (darkgray) they do crossover and give nice clean signals...

attachment.php?attachmentid=3169&stc=1&d=1190937394

this sometimes works better or worst than the oscillators... but its the alternative on the vma aproach...

we did try to have a vma4 timing for this, but noise (unfortuantely) wasnt any better than what you get on the oscillator...

The key here is the argument of the trade wich I will present on the next posts... cheers Walter.

ARGUMENTS ¡¡

Thats what a succesfull trader has clear on his mind... he has clear arguments of what he can expect to see developed on the market at certain market climate conditions... I like the word argument as it suggests certain logic behind the reasoning...

There are two great classifications for arguments... or you go with the trend or you go against the trend...

Now, in the case you decide to go with the trend, in order to have success you will also need momentum in order to give you the enough room for your trade.... thats Why momentum readings are so important... and vma`s are great for that... so lets make a pause on the scalper thing and get more deep into the momentum topic, as you will see how been able to correctly gauge the momentum condition is one of the keys to understand the market climate and then consecuently choose the correct argument for your next scalp...

If I told you such and such timing will make you a winner on the scalping bussiness, I am lying to you... because success on scalping its not on the super timing by a super indicator... BUT REAL SUCCESS on scalping comes from choosing the correct argument on the right momentum context the market is going thru... so First things first ¡¡¡ you need to read Momentum like a master ¡¡ so you can say I have X momentum condition and I will choose X Argument to scalp here... Then you will go and time with whatever tool gets you confortable to trade...

so lets get into the momentum world once again, but now more from a scalper perspective... and also from the wonderfull VMA EDGE perspective, continue on next post with next coffee... cheers Walter.

Momentum....

Two conditions :

_Momentum conditions

_Non- Momentum conditions

haaa what a sofisticated reasoning :doh: :doh: ¡¡¡

still yet there is people that dont have a clue what condition they are in... and what SHOULD they trade on that given condition...

attachment.php?attachmentid=3171&stc=1&d=1190939661

lets first talk about the condition... the market can have momentum, wich means its Trending he is making waves in a given direction, with strenght and without any signal of weakness... thats where the most people (and I think Janice will agree with me) have their dopamine high... they get more euphoric and more motivated about what the marke is doing... lots of newbies mostly get into trades here as they are told this is the easy way to make the millons.... well it actually is... until things get cool off and deception comes in on the hard coiled market... the non-momentum one, the one where people dont get exited about... the one most traders groan about.... the stay out climate mmmm you know what... its true, if you are new, you should stay out, if you get seasoned you will understand to stay in on that non-momentum market...

What types of trades can we aim to do on each of this conditions ? continue on next post...