Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

*ds-ds*

ES Emini Charts

A few charts of interest following the market close on Monday 1st June 2009.

#1 15min Chart with Gann Swing Chart & MAs

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/9779/01062009monreview15ming.png

This first chart is an ES 15min chart with a "3 period" Gann swing chart overlaid on it. I determine intraday market trend using a combination of trend indicated by the Gann swing chart (15min) and trend indicated by the 200sma(15). This chart shows where what I term "overall" trend (i.e. when Gann swing trend and moving average trend both became up) turned up on friday and the effect is has had since.

#2 4hr ES Chart

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/2946/01062009monreview4hr.png

This 4hr chart shows the longer-term context of recent price action and the significance of the break above the 913-910 S/R area late on in Friday's session.

#1 ES 15min chart with MAs and Gann swing chart

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/6428/02062009tuespreview15mi.png

This first chart is an ES 15min chart with a "3 period" Gann swing chart overlaid on it. I determine intraday market trend using a combination of trend indicated by the Gann swing chart (15min) and trend indicated by the 200sma(15). This chart shows where what I term "overall" trend (i.e. when Gann swing trend and moving average trend both became up) turned up on friday and the effect is has had since. The series of higher Gann swing highs and higher Gann swing lows since Friday are illustrated. In order to turn Gann swing trend down, currently price must break the 928.5 area to the downside.

#2 Expected S/R for ES on Tuesday 2nd June

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6428/02062009tuespreview15mi.png

S/R I take into consideration includes prior price respects of given price areas across multiple time frames, trendlines, chart patterns, daily pivot points and weekly pivot points.

Trading in any type of financial instrument has large potential rewards but also high levels of risk. In some circumstances you may be able to lose more than your original investment. You must be aware of the risks which are present in trading any type of financial instrument and should consult a registered financial advisor before commencing trading any such instrument.

Information provided in these charts is intended as GENERAL COMMENT ONLY for informational purposes and is not to be considered individual financial advice, nor is it to be considered a solicitation nor an offer to buy/sell any financial instrument.Those who view these charts acknowledge they are solely responsible for their own trading style, techniques and results and are as such are solely responsible for any profit or loss which may result from it.

I am not sure why but the embedded charts don't open for me when I click on them. Strangely if I paste the link to the chart straight into a new browser tab they open fine?

I wonder if this is the case for anyone else?

I wonder if this is the case for anyone else?

Its the same for me.

I think its because these pictures are not attached to the posts in the usual way via using Attach Files.

Instead the links redirect to an external server somewhere.

Just look at the links regarding to the pictures.

Hal

Good morning everyone! A comparatively range-bound day of consolidation yesterday in theory means that there may be some more volatility today and given that trend remains up across longer-term time frames (60min & 4hr) it could be suggested that we see another more bullish session today. However, should bullish price action materialise, price is unlikely to break substantially above the 949 highs of yesterday given the proximity of the ES 4hr chart to its upper Bollinger band and whilst these Bollinger Bands continue to converge.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7388/02062009tuesreview4hr.png

The ES 15min chart also supports a more neutral outlook.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1511/03062009wedspreview15mi.png

Despite remaining above the 200sma(15) – an inherently bullish sign, price has consolidated leaving 15min Gann swing trend neutral as of yesterday’s close. A flat-topped triangulation pattern can clearly be seen, which despite often being seen as a bullish continuation signal remains a sign of consolidation, or of uncertainty in price direction, until broken out of.

Clearly the 947.5 S/R area remains important S/R into today’s trading, however other S/R levels are outlined below.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/1555/03062009wedspreview15miw.png

Good luck trading today everyone! :)

Trading in any type of financial instrument has large potential rewards but also high levels of risk. In some circumstances you may be able to lose more than your original investment. You must be aware of the risks which are present in trading any type of financial instrument and should consult a registered financial advisor before commencing trading any such instrument.

Information provided in these charts is intended as GENERAL COMMENT ONLY for informational purposes and is not to be considered individual financial advice, nor is it to be considered a solicitation nor an offer to buy/sell any financial instrument.Those who view these charts acknowledge they are solely responsible for their own trading style, techniques and results and are as such are solely responsible for any profit or loss which may result from it.

Good morning everyone! Happy Thursday! Following yesterday’s considerable down day, I do expect markets to again recapture something of a more bullish tone today (or at the very least a tone which is not quite so bearish)!

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/696/04062009thurspreview4hr.png

As can be seen from the 4 hour chart illustrated above, despite representing a sizeable downtrend on a 15min chart, yesterday’s price action represented just a healthy retracement to support within a longer term uptrend. One can see that the 926-923 area in which the ES found support yesterday was actually role reversal support from a prior Gann swing on the ES 4hour chart. Given that price remains above the 200sma(4hr) and that many market participants (especially institutions on these longer time frame charts) are using this as an indicator of longer-term trend, it is only logical to expect a bounce at support within an uptrend.

One can also observe the fact that when price reached this area in yesterday’s US trading session, the lower, standard (20period, 2 standard deviation) Bollinger band was also in confluence in this zone adding further support and lessening the chance of a decisive break through the 926-923 level.

Heading into this morning’s trading, 926-923 remains important support but short-term timeframe charts still illustrate a trend counter to the up trend displayed on the 4hr chart shown above.

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5674/04062009thurspreview15m.png

Thus in order to turn my intraday trading bias bullish, price must decisively break the 938.5 key S/R area – at this point price would both be above the 200sma(15) and also in a 15min Gann swing uptrend. If price cannot decisively break above 938.5 today, there is an increased chance of a more range-bound day with 938.5 and 926-923 acting as key support and resistance. A decisive break of 926-923 in today’s session is seen as unlikely.

Clearly there are a vast number of news releases today, including no less than 3 central bank interest rate decisions, which may move the market substantially and unpredictably. I will, as always, be adopting my normal caution in trading around the times of these news releases as it is my belief that no-one can adequately predict the results of these news announcements on a regular basis, and even if someone could, it is also extremely difficult to predict the market reaction to the released numbers. As such it is my view that holding trades through news releases such as these constitutes an unnecessary risk.

Good luck trading today!