Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Sign in to follow this  
The Bear

Will the YM Data Feed be included with the Globex E-mini Data Feed

Does anyone know if the YM will be included with the ES feed eventually?

Or will we have to pay 2 separate fees to get both. I noticed in TradeStation that CBOT has no 'mini' data feed, just the 1 normal feed.

What's the deal with this?

question about having one CME/CBOT data feed product for all E-mini's because they haven't begun to dig into that "project," which sounded to be several years off yet

All from the TS forum regarding the new $55 fee.

Posted - 01/03/2008 11:26:46

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by fatnugly

Fees at MB Trading don't seem to have changed either. At least, they're still giving me real time quotes today, and they haven't said anything about signing up for full CBOT fees.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Given the comments in this thread and in the spirit of being helpful, I called CBOT yesterday and just received their call back this morning from Angie.

1) CBOT, in fact, terminated their free "promotional" data stream product that we had been getting from TS.

2) CBOT charges all of its vendors that provide CBOT products to retail traders, the same amount; $55/month.

3) CBOT only changes their fees and products at year end.

4) While it's off in the future, CBOT is exploring product package options similar to the three CME data packages for those of us who only trade E-mini's.

5) CBOT notifies its vendor customers 30-90 days in advance of product and price changes. TS's "delay" in notifying us was probably due to all of the internal administrative/operational changes TS first had to implement before sending out their Notice Email to us.

Hope this helps clarify things.

StratMan

quote:

Originally posted by TradingDude

StratMan, did the CBOT say anything about the exchange fees when the CBOT migrates fully to Globex? Will there just be one exchange fee since all the electronic contracts will be on the CME/Globex? There will be just one exchange as I understand it...a merger of equals...

TradingDude

Having seen your prior post, TradingDude, I did inquire on that. When CME bot CBOT in late 2006 (See the Dec '06 issue of SFO magazine), that was just the first step. Since then, most all of the internal activities from that merger have focused on integrating operations and administration. Once the "new" internal infrastructure is "complete," CME/CBOT will investigate/work on the kind of issues you asked about. Angie could not even comment on my question about having one CME/CBOT data feed product for all E-mini's because they haven't begun to dig into that "project," which sounded to be several years off yet. But who knows, maybe they'll surprise us and accelerate the release of their future products. For now, there are no anticipated changes for CME data products.

Additionally, Angie made it very clear to me that the CME/CBOT welcomes and listens to all ideas from the retail trader camp. Spread the word... Maybe a grassroots effort will start that will help shape the future CME/CBOT products. (http://www.cbot.com/)