Welcome to the Traders Laboratory.

E-mini Futures Trading Laboratory S&P, Dow, Nasdaq, Russell, Dax and more - index futures

Old 01-01-2016, 11:49 AM   #1

Ignore this user

Is There Any Company That Sells Actual Charts, Not Digital

I'm not a big fan of analysis on the computer. I do all my charting by hand and I'm looking to upgrade my current routine.

What I'm looking for is a company that will send a real paper chart to you. I'd like to buy charts in the 3 day, 1 week, 1 month, etc. from the beginning of a few markets. My charts only go back a little over a year, and while it is very efficient for my needs, I really hate having to do analysis from before that while on the computer.

Yes, I understand that what I'm asking for would be a huge piece of paper. That is what is needed. I figure that if all the data is out there and already graphed, why not just print it out, but in a professional manner.

I suppose the market for such items is probably very small....I've searched a little, with no luck. Maybe just a nod in the right direction.

Thank you.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:33 AM   #2

Ignore this user

Re: Is There Any Company That Sells Actual Charts, Not Digital

Let me add this.

The charts do not have to be super technical, I wouldn't HAVE to have my different oscillators on there I suppose. Just the price data in a simple OHLC.

Looks like I may have to call tradestation.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:01 PM   #3
zdo

Ignore this user

I have an old friend who also has long favored / does best with simple, large paper charts. After years of doing it by hand on graph paper, he bought an 'old' / used plotter from a local engineering firm and had a programmer write code that programmically adds each day’s plot to his ~ 48” X 36” paper chart... cool ... hth
Old 01-05-2016, 01:07 PM   #4
Blocks_2 Champion, Gnome pinball Champion, Collapse Champion, SuperMario Rampage Champion, Arkadium Skeeball Champion, Bozzle Champion, JezzBall Champion, Galaga Space Invaders Champion, Jurassic Pinball Champion, Zulu Gems Champion, Marble Motion Champion, Colour Chain Game Champion, Eye Drops Champion, Blocks Champion, Pinboliada Champion, Block Champion, Bubble Elements Champion, Festival Pinball Champion, Pinball King Champion, Cold Fusion Champion, Mario Kart Extreme! Champion, Crazy PinBall Champion, 7up Pinball Champion, National Treasure Pinball Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion, Crystal Island Champion, HotRod Pinball Champion, Zuma Kowloon Champion, Skee Ball Champion, Bomb Jack Champion, Blocks 2 Champion, Pepsi Max Pinball Champion, Dynomite Champion

Ignore this user

There are many companies that sell the historical data compiled in a spreadsheet. I find it hard to imagine that a company would find a business model in supplying paper copies.

As zdo has suggested picking up a large plotter from an engineering or architectural firm may be possible, but most firms paper plotting requirements are for large laser printers... gets kind of pricey at the sheet size you would require. You may be able to stumble across an ancient thermal printer, but I doubt it.

Sorry... no help what-so-ever.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:16 PM   #5

Ignore this user

It is as I assumed.

If I had to manually enter all the historical data it would just take too much time. Really, it's not a big deal. I suppose I'll set aside some time in the future to tend to this.

Axiom

Display Modes Help Others By Rating This Thread
Help Others By Rating This Thread: