Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Freddie

John Person

I have one of his older books. It is basically looking for a confluence of pivots ( daily, weekly, monthly) and then look for some sort of candlestick reversal pattern. He has other charts with some other indicators like oscillators to help find these reversal points. That's basically it. I don't know how he got 200+ pages on pivots and candles, but he did. If you could find it cheaper then the suggested retail price it might be worth it. Also check out the cbot's archive of webinars. He has some on there.

He's the guy who got me into pivots initially with his first book. I have not read his latest book or subscribed to any of his services so I wouldnt know exactly. But I give him alot of credit for introducing me to pivots.

Thanks guys for your feedback. So I assume none of you are using his pivot moving average crossover indicator, etc. explained in his second book and thus not using any of the systems (or variations) described in the second book.

Fred

Thanks guys for your feedback. So I assume none of you are using his pivot moving average crossover indicator, etc. explained in his second book and thus not using any of the systems (or variations) described in the second book.

Fred

His second book dwarfs his first book in quality. I can at least attest to that fact. But the book is $80 retail.

I actually have one of his setups with the COMAS MA's displayed in "my photos"

contrary to some others' comments, i like his 2nd book better because it introduces some reliable setups like high/low close doji, 2nd hammer low plus other concepts like higher closing high and lower closing low for entries and exits (although the latter part resembles very much Michael Jardine's market structure high/low), anyway, it's very practical trading concepts

btw, i'll re-read John's 1st book again to see if i've missed something important:crap:

I liked his book & use his tools on a couple of my charts. I'd rate it better than most books out there. Send me an email or PM & I will send you John's pivot point & candlesstick trading triggers if you'd like, it's too big of a file to post here. I have a nice collection of Ebooks on trading.

Just registered with site. Interesting.

I did a search on Person's COMAS. He has come out with a indicator called PPS which shows the crossovers but unless you search through all your charts you can't find them. I wanted to ask does anyone here know how to do a search to filter out for these signals?

I honestly would not worry about the PPS indicator or any indicators. The methodology he teaches is very good and you can do well with it without the various indicators. Even in his trading room the indicators are only secondary, if mentioned at all. Only exception being the Comas. Hope this helps.