Welcome to the new Traders Laboratory! Please bear with us as we finish the migration over the next few days. If you find any issues, want to leave feedback, get in touch with us, or offer suggestions please post to the Support forum here.

• Welcome Guests

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at Traders Laboratory such as interacting with members, access to all forums, downloading attachments, and eligibility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE Traders Laboratory account here.

Predictor

Experts on CME Order Matching

I've always been under impression that for CME markets like ES the orders are always processed in FIFO. However, I've seen cases where I can't get my fills even though it seems like I should. I've heard of pro-rata matching for market makers.

Can designated market makers/liquidity providers put orders in front of queue? I know its probably just me. I haven't heard of any ability to do this but just wanting to make sure.

I've seen what appears to be new aggressive HFT trading in ES that is making it more difficult for me to get fills. I suspect the algorithm they are using, already.

Here are all CME order matching algorithms. This is FIFO.

http://www.cmegroup.com/confluence/display/EPICSANDBOX/Match+Algorithm+-+FIFO

Edited by Predictor

Only STIRS (Eurodollar) on CME are pro-rata.

I *think* NYMEX has market maker priority, but Im not 100%. I dont think there are designated market makers in ES.

Youve either got a crappy platform like Pats or Ninja, or a crappy broker. Maybe both.

TT has an EPIQ feature so you can see your position in a FIFO queue, and also another feature that allows you to see how many orders are in front of you.

Take a free trial of TT or use their sim and see if you get the same experience. All good brokers offer TT, and the sim is fairly accurate as its based on live data.

Dude,

Thanks for info my program also has simulated order queue position. But, I don't use it in that way. No, I think it was just bad luck earlier today. There were less then 200 cars left on a level and I wasn't able to get filled. Its probably an effect of tending to take my orders off at near pivot high and lows. I usually try not to do that actually so that I can ensure fills.

There appears to be an HFT algorithm that will slam the offer/bid at certain times, i.e by shooting in market orders. I understand how it works but not quite willing to share it. One algorithm will shoot in orders in front of order book imbalances which shows up in my program quite nicely. I believe there is another algorithm working too which I'e identified which is causing my problems.

Curtis

Home - OrderFlowDashPro

Only STIRS (Eurodollar) on CME are pro-rata.

I *think* NYMEX has market maker priority, but Im not 100%. I dont think there are designated market makers in ES.

Youve either got a crappy platform like Pats or Ninja, or a crappy broker. Maybe both.

TT has an EPIQ feature so you can see your position in a FIFO queue, and also another feature that allows you to see how many orders are in front of you.

Take a free trial of TT or use their sim and see if you get the same experience. All good brokers offer TT, and the sim is fairly accurate as its based on live data.